Sven, the Ogre

Sven's POV

I had one day to get this group started in their training and to correct any false impressions they had. After spending so much time with Victor and Luke, I knew this team had many. I did not have time to be nice or be patient. I needed this over with so we could finish wiring the school and I could take my daughter home.

Once Chel was safely out of the way and the boys had gone to change, I gathered their former team in front of me. First, I went over how the Academy operated, from the Founders to the individual teams. I became extremely pissed when they did not give me the courtesy of listening; especially the older two and the idiot who body slammed Chel. "Silence," I roared. "You will do me the courtesy of listening to me or you will get the hell out of the Academy. My family and I will not waste our money on those who does not deserve a helping hand or treat others with respect." The bully, as Chel called him, shut right up. The blonde-haired person did the same once I took a step towards him. The other, the weasel, challenged me to make him. Like every other punk who was in charge of a team, his ego had him believing he was god. I did not hesitate; I grabbed the front of his shirt and lifted up until his feet were dangling in the air. "I am going to make one thing clear; you leave your arrogance and attitude outside of any meeting with other Academy members, even if they are your team members. You want to be a pompous ass, take up acting. When any members of my team speak, you better be listening to every word we say. We do not tolerate spoiled brats, nor do we keep them in the Academy." I dropped him, letting him hit the floor hard. I knew exactly who this kid was and I was not putting up with his arrogance or high opinion of himself. I was not being mean or intentionally cruel. He was going to be a part of a mission with several others in a highly dangerous school; I would not let him put the others in jeopardy because of his ego. He was not in charge and never would be, not until he joined the rest of us on Earth.

"In an environment like Ashley Waters, using Judo is a good way to get you killed. You will not just be defending yourself against one person; you are going to have them coming at you from all directions at once. They are going to have any kind of weapon they can get their hands on and they will not play fair. There are styles that transition well for situations like this; they are Krav Maga and Street Fighting. Each one of you tried to use Judo against us and failed. It was not because you were not good at it; it was because we used the two styles and turned your moves against you." I pointed to the one with all the earrings. "My daughter tried to tell you how to counter her moves, you didn't listen to her and ended up losing. You let the fact that she was a girl and smaller than you interfere. You dismissed her as a threat or competition for those two reasons. She kicked your ass in return. The males are not going to be the only threat you face at Ashley Waters, the girls are just as tough and dangerous. Do you intend to just stand there and let them knife you because they are female and smaller than you are? Hell no, you have just as much right to live as they do. For the next week, you will report here every day to train and you will be respectful at all times. One step out of line, your ass will be mine for target practice and I favor a Desert Eagle." I dismissed them to Shan's care and went to discuss matters with Colt.

"But I am a doctor, I save people, I do not hurt them." I heard the one whine and swung around to face him.

"One of the most important rules of the Academy is for a member to know how to defend themselves and a fellow team mate if they are down, even our medical staff. We never go looking to start a fight, but we will always end it. You follow the rules or you resign from the Academy, your team deserves your full commitment. We do not give free rides."

Kota's POV

The training was intense; I will say that for them. I have never seen North so well behaved. He kept his temper under control and learned what they were willing to teach us. They were giving us a crash course, but it would be enough for us to defend ourselves at the school. This is the first time I have seen Mr. B and Doc train in fighting, they usually just watched or corrected our moves. Watching Doc, I understood why the one guy lectured him. Both he and Mr. B had only beginner skills, they had used exercise instead of real training to keep in shape. While they should never hit a student, they needed to be able to fight them off until they could reach a place of safety. We may be knocking heads with them, but they were our brothers and we did not want them hurt. The five of us could not do everything; they were going to have to do their share.

Once training was over for the day, we headed to Nate's house while Mr. B took Doc home. Uncle was having some oldies jam night at the diner and was bringing in a band, we promised to help wherever needed. We were hoping it did not include the stage. We were not familiar with the songs the customers wanted. My mom and some of her friends from work were going to be there. I was hoping she would not embarrass me too much.