Losing Lorelei ~ I Sting Like A Butterfly

Lorelei didn’t know much. She didn’t know how badly the effect of the alcohol was on her body. She didn’t know how concerned her parents were for her safety and she didn’t know about their conversation last night.

   After they’d managed to put Lorelei to bed, they went back to theirs and sparked a rather depressing conversation.

   “I don’t know what to do Geoff.” Lorelei’s mum despaired putting her head in her hands.

   “I don’t know either Karen.” Her dad replied.

   Her mum sighed, “We’re losing her…I really don’t want to lose her…” She sniffed and wiped away a tear, Lorelei’s dad placed a comforting arm around her shoulder.

   “We won’t lose her, we just need to make her see…everything.”

   “And how do we do that? We’ve tried…everything. I don’t know what to do.”

   Lorelei’s dad let out a long sigh, “I have one idea. I mean, we’ve spoken to Ruth and Nicola and they haven’t made her see sense but there’s one person we haven’t tried. Liam.”

                                                        ***

   “So, Liam.” Harry yawned as he leant forward to the driver’s seat, “How far away are we from your house?”

   “It’s just around the corner.” Liam replied as he approached the corner and turned to the right, “There it is,” He pointed his finger to the house, “My family home.”

   “So is your sister going to be there?” Harry asked eagerly leaning forward from the back seat.

   Liam sighed, “Yes. That’s the main reason why we’re here and no, Harry, I do not give you permission to get with her.”

   Harry whacked his hand down on the seat and groaned, “Aww. Well she’s missing out.”

   “So…” Niall said, “I thought you only had two sisters.”

   Liam clicked his tongue as they pulled up on the driveway, “I kind of realise that I should’ve told you guys but I do have another sister…”

   “No!” Zayn breathed sarcastically, “Really?”

   “Zayn you’re so funny.” Louis hit him over the head and the two laughed.

   “Lorelei’s my twin sister.” Liam explained quietly.

   “Twin?” They chorused.

   “And you never thought to tell us about her?” Harry asked.

   “No Harry, because I knew you’d hit on her!”

   Niall opened the door, “Well then come on, I want to meet her, and I’m hungry.”

   Liam laughed a little as they all climbed out of the car and walked towards the home that he knew all too well. He knocked on the door and waited for Lorelei to appear. She didn’t though. Instead, he found himself staring into the face of his mother.

   “Liam?” She gasped as she stood in front of her son with a more than relieved smile, she pulled her son into a hug, “I can’t believe you’re back.”

   “Neither can I.” Liam laughed, “Mum,” Liam stepped beside her so they looked out to the boys whom were all smiling cheesily, “These are the guys, Niall, Harry, Louis and Zayn.”

   “It’s great to meet you all,” She gushed swooning a little after being around so many younger men, “Do come in.”

   “Thanks Mrs Payne.” They all said together as they piled inside her house to the front room where Geoff was sitting.