Losing Lorelei ~ Hoods Up

Lorelei, after coming into possession of Zayn’s jumper, managed, against the odds, to fall asleep despite her huge fear of being on that damned plane.

   Niall walked over and stood next to her just to make sure that she was actually asleep, he then walked back to where the boys were and sat back in his seat slapping his knees as he did, “So um…Does Lorelei actually know where we’re headed?”

   Liam looked over to his sleeping rebelling sister and shook his head, “I don’t think so,” He yawned, “We never got around to telling her.”

   “And I doubt whether she would listen anyway.” Harry grumbled, Liam shot him a warning look and Harry shrugged his shoulders innocently as if to say what"

    “How come you managed to speak to her?” Liam asked Zayn with pure jealousy.

   Zayn looked at Liam and shrugged, “I don’t know, but mate, I think you need to keep her away from planes. She doesn’t look so good.” They all turned back to her and sure enough to what Zayn had said, Lorelei was looking quite unwell.

   She was still sound asleep and tucked up in Zayns’ jumper, but her skin was glistening with sweat, every so often they saw her shiver as if she was really cold, yet she was burning whenever they went near her.

   “I have realised that.” Liam said lowly, “She is my sister alright? I think I know her better than the rest of you do!”

   “Guys!” Louis said suddenly, “Let’s not argue over this, ok?” Nobody spoke, so he nodded, “Good.”

   “Well,” Niall got up and rubbed his hands over his knees, “I’m hungry. Anyone else?”

   “No thanks.” They all mumbled as Niall walked joyfully over to the fridge and pulled out as much food that he could fit in his arms.

   Hours later and the seatbelt sign lit up again, Liam looked over to his sister who was still sleeping in the same position, the boys prepared to strap themselves up and so he sat next to his sister.

   Carefully, he moved her arms so that she was swivelled and facing forward, Liam then leant across and pulled the belt across her waist. However, that was when Lorelei stirred and her eyes flew open.

   Feeling someone touching her surprised Lorelei and she jumped up with a small scream. Liam flinched back as all eyes stared at him.

   “What…What…” Lorelei’s head was spinning as she still realised that they were on the plane, her stomach churned and she moved as quickly as she could, passed her brother where locking herself in the small compartment of the plane, threw up continuously in the toilet.

   Lorelei threw up everything she could muster before she started to shake again. Why did Liam bring her on a plane? Had he actually realised how scared she was of flying? Or had that left his mind after he left?

   “Lori-Lorelei?” Liam knocked gently on the door and had to correct his mistake for the second time that day. “Are you alright?” From through the door, Liam heard her cough and throw up again, he cringed and then sighed. “Can I come in? Lorelei?”

   There was no answer and so the Pilot was asked to buy a bit of time whilst Lorelei recovered enough to come back to the main body of the plane.

   Liam sat outside the door and rested his head on his knees and closed his eyes. Niall, from the other end of the plane, saw how upset Liam was and went over to sit with him.

   “Are you alright mate?” Niall asked him quietly.

   “Yeah,” Liam muttered shakily, “I’m fine, just…” He pointed behind him, “Just worried about Lorelei.”