Losing Lorelei ~ Sister Brother Bonding

“How long was she out there for?”

   “Do you think we should take her to a hospital?”

   “Nah, she’ll be fine, just let her sleep.”

   “I don’t know, she looks kinda…Dead."

   “I don’t think she’ll want to see me when she wakes up,” Zayn said looking down at Lorelei who was fast asleep on the sofa still damp from her sleep in the rain, “So I’m going to go out, and hide from a few fans.”

   “But it’s pouring with rain.” Liam told him looking out of the wide window where the water was lashing down making it seem like they were underneath a waterfall.

   Zayn shrugged, “Oh well, I’d rather be rained on than be here when the Payne twin wakes up.”

   “I’ll come!” Niall said jumping up rather enthusiastically after Zayns’ comment.

   “Me too!” Harry chimed in.

   “Well I don’t want to be here when she wakes up so I will as well.” Louis said.

   The four boys quickly left Liam with Lorelei leaving the house in search of dinner and a bit of fun. Liam on the other hand was anxious about Lorelei, not just her reaction when she woke up, but what kind of state she would be in when she did.

   He was used to the abuse now, verbally. But Liam got worried when Lorelei didn’t turn up once the storms started and so they went out to see if they could find her.

   She wasn’t too far off the house and it was Harry who found her and carried her back into the house.

   They checked her and Niall blasted her with a hairdryer to, one warm her up and two dry off the sopping wet clothes that clung to her skinny body.

   Now, she was lying on the sofa with a tumble-dried dressing gown laid on top of her, eyes closed and so waxy pale that she was almost dead looking.

   Liam smiled, at least she was peaceful, but she looked so ill, so unwell and that really worried him. So he made himself a cup of tea, sat on the sofa opposite and watched her sleep until she woke up.

   Lorelei was dreaming, it was a nice dream. A pleasant dream. But soon enough she found herself shivering, coughing, and waking up into the distortion that was the painful memory of reality.

   “Lorie?” She heard her brother’s voice and was immediately comforted, that was until she remembered that she despised him, “Are you awake?”

   Lorelei coughed again, her throat hurt and she felt all damp, even a little bit sticky, “Why are my clothes all wet?” She mumbled to herself as she stared down at her body through blurred eyes.

   “You had a nap in the rain,” Liam informed her, “Harry found you and bought you back inside…Why did you think it was a good idea to sleep outside in a storm anyway?”

   “I didn’t think I’d fall…asleep…” Lorelei yawned and sat up looking down at the dressing gown in confusion.

   “I thought you’d be cold.” Liam murmured.

   Lorelei nodded but didn’t say anything, she sat up, and snuggled into it, then, she dug in her pockets and pulled out Zayns’ lighter, and a cigarette.

   “Oh, really?” Liam asked in disappointment, Lorelei didn’t react, she just lit up and breathed in the intoxicating smell tipping her head back slightly for dramatic effect, then she looked around, everything was so quiet. “They went out.”