Losing Lorelei ~ Aviophobia

The drive was long. Long and silent. Well. Lorelei was silent, the boys made conversation with each other, and they tried to include Lorelei, but it’s not so easy when she doesn’t reply.

   Lorelei spent the whole journey staring blindly out of the window with a scowl swept across her lips.

   “So Lorelei.” Her brother started, “How’s school?”

   Lorelei didn’t move, she felt the urge to sigh but managed to keep her breathing at a normal, steady rate. The car went silent again.

   “Right.” Liam clicked his tongue. He wasn’t too worried at the moment that she wasn’t talking to him, he figured that she just needed a bit of time to warm to him again.

   He had to admit that it hurt. Having the person whom was closest to you throughout your life acting as if you didn’t exist created an aching hole in Liams’ heart. But Liam dismissed that thought, they’d be speaking again soon, he knew it.

   “How long left?” Niall asked from the back in a whiny voice that made Lorelei cringe.

   “Not too long.” Liam replied, “Why?” He asked, “Are you hungry?”

   “Yeah.” Niall sighed.

   “But you just ate.” Harry remarked.

   Niall sighed again, “That was a long time ago.”

   “Niall,” Louis said, “That was an hour ago.”

   “There will be food on the plane, don’t you worry.” Harry told him, Niall made a celebratory noise before doing a small dance in his seat.

   “Are you hungry, Lorie?” Liam asked. Lorelei didn’t reply and the car went silent again.

   “I’m actually a bit hungry.” Harry suddenly interjected, “Oh do you reckon they have that pizza that they had last time? That was amazing!”

   Zayn chuckled softly, “I’m sure they do, we’ll make sure they put extra olives on it.”

   “Oh ha ha.” Harry said sarcastically, “You are so funny.”

   “I know.” Zayn shrugged, he looked to his left at Lorelei. She hadn’t moved, no smile, she hardly blinked. All she did was breathe.

   Eventually, they arrived at the airfield and pulled up, there were no paparazzi, no media. They were all safe. For now at least.

   “Come on Lorie,” Liam said, “We’re here.”

   Lorelei didn’t move. The boys all filed out of the car and Louis grabbed her suitcase from the boot, Lorelei still hadn’t moved.

   All the boys looked at Liam whom then bit his lip and moved over to Lorelei’s door, he pulled it open. “Get out of the car Lorie.” He breathed. Lorelei looked up to him with a mad look in her eyes. “Come on Lorie.”

   “Don’t call me that.” Lorelei growled as she got out of the car and stormed away from Liam whom closed the door and shrugged with a smile.

   “At least she spoke to me.” He murmured, Zayn caught his comment and smirked.

   “Right, let’s get on this bad boy.” Niall said, “Cause I’m still really hungry.” He ran up the steps to the open jet and ducked inside.

   Lorelei stopped dead and blinked up at the jet and gulped. A few of the other boys disappeared, Liam and Zayn were the last and when they noticed that Lorelei wasn’t following them, they turned around.