Losing Lorelei ~ I Can't Do This Anymore

Lorelei let out a huff, a sarcastic smile and shook her head, “I can’t believe you.” She hissed, “I can’t believe I thought you were…” She didn’t finish, she wouldn’t give him the satisfaction of even thinking that he was remotely special.

   “Lorelei I’m-”

   “You’re sorry?” Lorelei snorted, “Right, like I haven’t heard that one before. Don’t flatter yourself Zayn,” Lorelei spat, “You were just one of many.” That was a lie, she may have of been sleeping with many many men, but Zayn was an exception, he was special and Lorelei actually felt something with him that she had never ever felt with anyone else. And that was why it hurt so much more.

   Zayn gritted his teeth with frustration, not with Lorelei, or with Sadie. With Louis for spilling that he had a girlfriend, and for himself sleeping with Lorelei before explaining everything. But then again, he’d never been the good hearted, honest type.

   Lorelei stormed away into her bedroom and shut the door behind her then, she inhaled a large breath and let it out again.

   “Come on Lorelei.” She hissed to herself angrily, “You didn’t cry for Liam. You certainly won’t cry for Zayn Malik.” Lorelei then held her breath for as long as she possible could before she passed out and then pushed everything out as if she were pushing away the bad demons that were possessing her body.

   She could feel the salty tears pricking the backs of her eyes, and so she blinked and blinked and blinked until they stopped.

   Then, with a heavy lump in her throat, Lorelei dragged her suitcase noisily from the corner of the room, threw it to the floor angrily and unzipped it.

   After that Lorelei started throwing in clothes. Not folded just messily throwing them in. Shoes too. Then next was her medicine cabinet where she gathered everything into her arms and dumped them on top.

   She couldn’t believe he didn’t tell her he had a girlfriend. Damn that Sadie! She was obviously a kind person by the way they spoke about her. She probably had a big heart. And knowing Lorelei’s luck she was beautiful too.

   Worse of all Zayn slept with her, and she thought that meant something. She thought he actually liked her. But she should know better than that. She should realise by now that no one would like her.

   Her boyfriend cheated on her. Zayn cheated on his girlfriend with her showing that she was just an item he used and then threw away.

   Then her mind cast back to Liam. He left her for something better. Everyone leaves her eventually because she’s not good enough. Not good enough. It was that thought that sent her tumbling over the edge last time. It might just do it this time too…

   Once Lorelei had cleared out her room, she ran a hand through her hair and then left the bedroom where she lugged her suitcase down the stairs without caring so that it clattered down every step with a huge amount of noise.

   “Lorelei?” Niall asked turning around from his laying position on the sofa, he was watching a film, the others were scattered around the house.