Losing Lorelei ~ It's Late

“Jesus I’m so hungry!” Lorelei whined, she’d spent the rest of the day in her room reflecting on what she’d just done.

   Most of the time Lorelei was hanging out the window staring at the waves wondering what her parents were doing, and what they would have of thought about her kicking Kane’s arse. She knew for sure that her dad would be over the moon, her mum, honestly, would probably feel the same too.

   Kane wouldn’t care much though. Sure, his ego would’ve taken a minor fall because of him being humiliated, by a girl, and especially in front of five other boys, who happened to be famous. But he’d be over it and under someone else within a week.

   As Lorelei was resting her forehead on the glass of the window and took in a breath of fresh air that was circulating around the room through the window, there was a knock at the door.

   “Come on in.” Lorelei said quietly, she didn’t turn around and instead closed her eyes and let the wind whistle through her hair.

   “It’s Harry, can I come in?”

   “Sure,” Lorelei murmured, she heard Harry step into the room and shut the door with a click behind him, then, he wandered over to Lorelei and hoisted himself up so that he could sit next to Lorelei, half out the window, half inside, “Hey.” She whispered.

   “Hello there.” Harry said fidgeting a bit to get more comfortable, “I’m surprised you didn’t do a runner.”

   Lorelei cracked a smile, “And why would I do that?”

   Harry shrugged, “You just seemed too desperate before…”

   “I guess, but things change, I’m not wanting to run anymore.”

   “That’s good.” Harry murmured as a brick wall full of silence began to mould between them.

   “Harry…?”

   “Hmm.”

   “What are you doing in here? Really?” Lorelei asked knowing that this probably wasn’t just a social visit.

   Harry cleared his throat, “Well, for one, Liam wanted me to tell you that we’re going out tonight, if you wanted to join us…”

   “Oh, no, I’m not feeling in the partying mood tonight.” Lorelei told him.

   “That’s the other reason, I wanted to see whether you were, alright.” Harry looked over at Lorelei whose eyes were glazed over, and mind far away.

   “Why wouldn’t I be?”

   Harry bit his lip, “What you did to Kane, was great.” He gushed suddenly with a grin appearing on his face as he remembered the moment, “But um…I could help but get the feeling that you’re still a bit upset about it.”

   “What?” Lorelei huffed, “The fact that he cheated on me? Because…” Her voice cracked, “I know that I shouldn’t be upset…”

   “I know.” Harry wrapped an arm around Lorelei’s shoulders as she leaned on him resting her head in the crook of his neck.

   “Harry.” Lorelei murmured.

   “Hmm…” Harry replied rubbing his hand on her arm where his hand rested to try and comfort her to make her feel better.

   Lorelei let out a small breath of air, “I’m sorry.” A tingling feeling buzzed through her body, she hated apologising, it made her feel weak. But she owed him an apology, hell, she owed the all an apology.