Losing Lorelei ~ What Happens In California

Once the other boys returned, Liam had recovered from his minor crying breakdown and he and Lorelei were on partially talking terms. The two of them weren’t exactly as close as they had been before but it was definitely progress.

   “Do you want some?” Liam asked offering her the bowl of popcorn, all the boys turned to look between the twins in silence.

   Lorelei looked down at the popcorn, then up at Liam, and back again, before nodding, “Thanks.” She scraped up a handful and took it.

   Nialls’ mouth dropped open, and Harry gawped, “What?!” He exclaimed.

   Liam’s face turned to some kind of a smirk towards them, but Lorelei’s didn’t change, “So are you two…talking now?” Louis asked unsurely.

   Without saying anything just in case he upset her and ruined their newly found friendship, Liam’s eyes travelled towards her and Lorelei looked back to him, her husky voice cracked, “I guess we are.”

    “That’s great!” Harry cried happily a huge stretched grin overcoming his face, “We need to celebrate!”

   “Lorelei pick a movie, any movie.” Niall told her as he jumped down from his perch on the sofa and arranged a wide selection of DVD’s in a long line in front of the television set on the floor.

   Almost cautiously, Lorelei stepped out from underneath the dressing gown to reveal her damp clothes, “Do you want to change?” Liam asked her.

   Before Lorelei could answer, Harry jumped up off the sofa, “Pyjama party!” He screamed, Liam watched Lorelei flinch and he wasn’t the only one.

   “Harry.” Zayn growled, Harry was suddenly a lot quieter but the electric excitement was rolling off him in waves.

   “Sorry,” He whispered, “I’m just excited.”

   A little later and they were all changed. Lorelei was out of her damp clothing and in her long check pyjamas, then, almost like a family would, they sat down on the sofas despite the time, made more popcorn and watched films.

   After the third, Lorelei was half asleep, her eyelids were drooping and body going slack. Zayn was watching her most of the time rather than the film and then caught Liams’ attention, he looked back to Lorelei and so did Liam.

   Then, just like a brother would, Liam curled his arms around Lorelei. She looked scared for a minute but then rearranged her position so that she then fell asleep, on Liams’ chest.

   Liam could hear her quiet breaths, he could feel the rise and fall of her chest on his and for once, in a long time, he felt like a brother again. He looked up and caught all the other boys looking at him, and he smiled.

   It was a few days later and surprisingly, thankfully, Lorelei was still on talking terms with all of the boys, and her brother.

   Lorelei was in her room, lying on her bed staring up at the ceiling thinking about home, and Kane when there was a knock at her door.

   “Come in.” She said.

   “Hey,” It was Niall, Lorelei smiled at him, she’d warmed to Niall and his cuteness, “What’s up?” She asked turning back to stare at the ceiling.

   Niall skipped over and hopped onto the edge of Lorelei’s bed, “The boys and I were talking and we were thinking of going out tonight.”

   Lorelei nodded, “Oh, where are you going?” Niall started to laugh, “What?” Lorelei asked sitting up and tucking a stray strand of blonde behind her ear.