Losing Lorelei ~ Simply Unloved

Lorelei was breathing hard as she rolled off of Zayn early the next morning. They never stopped through the night, although they almost did when they heard the boys get home.

   However figuring that they were mostly likely drunk, or nearly so, they carried on, just trying to keep the noise down a bit more seeing as they’d probably figure out what was going on with the words that spilt from Lorelei’s mouth, and Zayn’s for that matter.

   Now, they’d run out of steam and Lorelei flopped over, falling asleep instantly from pure exhaustion.

   At eight, Lorelei was awoken by loud talking outside her room, “Should we wake her?” She heard Niall ask from outside her door. Lorelei held her breath as she looked over to Zayn who was still sleeping soundly beside her.

   “No,” Liam said, she could tell he was yawning most likely hung over too, “She told me she was tired last night, leave her for the moment.” And then the heavy thumping of footsteps as the boys stumbled down the stairs.

   Lorelei let her anxious breath of air go as a sigh of relief. She would’ve hated to see Liam’s face if he’d walked in with his sister naked next to one of his best friends. His face would’ve been one of horror and disgust, Lorelei never wanted to let him look at her like that again.

   Louis, probably would be horrified too, in fact they all would. Harry would probably be the one least bothered just because of his heavy history with so many other women.

   Despite the window being open and the sea breeze in the air, Lorelei’s bedroom was hot and stuffy still filled with the steamy aromas that remained from the night. Lorelei’s sweaty body clung to the sheets making them feel more like a second skin than just a cover.

   Silently, Lorelei pushed the covers off herself and shuffled off the bed. She was aching, all over and almost collapsed in discomfort, walking, she discovered was almost impossible.

   Lorelei managed to pull a robe onto her bruised impure body, she sucked in air to try and ease the pain, but that failed.

   Then, all of a sudden, a nauseating feeling rushed through Lorelei’s stomach and she heaved. Lorelei ran through to the bathroom on the side of her bedroom, lifted up the toilet seat and threw up everything that remained inside of her.

   Her body was wracked with pain. She was weak, tired and she simply just trembled as she leant on her knees over the toilet.

   “Alright down there?” Zayn’s voice was smooth yet a little husky from just waking up, Lorelei nodded and as she tipped her head back, his cold hands ran over her sweaty forehead and softly, he held her hair back for her.

   Lorelei parted her lips to thank him when vomit spilled from them instead, she wretched and Zayn turned away to try and block the smell, unsuccessfully.

   “You’re not pregnant are you?” Zayn asked a little more spitefully than he’d meant to.

   Lorelei grabbed some tissue and dabbed the corners of her mouth, the way he’d said those words stung her insides, “Of course not.” She spat back just as fiercely.

   Zayn would’ve normally been taken back by that tone of voice, but instead he shrugged, he did kind of deserve it, “You nearly done down there?” He asked after a minute of silence.

   Without a verbal reply, Lorelei nodded, Zayn let her hair down so that is splayed over her bony shoulders.

   “God I don’t feel good.” Lorelei groaned as she tried to stand up. Her lower abdomen pounded with pain and her legs shook causing her to take a tumble, Zayn grabbed her stopping Lorelei from smacking her head on the floor, “I’m so tired.” She whispered as her heavy eyes started to fall.