{Three}

Let's just take a moment to appreciate the fact that I didn't flip this idiot off for even thinking I could ever have any sort of negative feelings toward him. I wanted to, I really did, but I restrained my middle finger from the aching need to just pop right up. Still, the anger forming inside of me was starting to show. I turned to face him and saw the sheer anxiety displayed in his eyes for all to see.

"Don't be an idiot, Tweek," I told him. A mix of emotions crossed his face; relief, confusion, and then uncertainty. Then I could see his eyes start to get a bit watery.

"Then-then why did you..." It was at that moment that someone walked into the shop, causing Tweek to jump. Neither of us had expected a customer.

I sighed to myself and stood up, patting his head without looking at him before making my way to the counter to take care of this guy. Once he recorded his drink, the customer stayed inside for a few minutes to sip at the coffee before disappearing outside. It was dead quiet.

Neither of us seemed to want to say anything. I noticed that Tweek was trying to keep himself busy by cleaning the tables that he had already cleaned earlier; the rag scrubbed circles on the surface over and over again.

About an hour of awkward silence only filled by the soft music in the background was interrupted by Tweek's parents walking into the coffee shop.

"All right, boys," Mr. Tweak said with a grin, "you two can head home and get some sleep."

Tweek and I nodded and headed into the back room where we both silently took our aprons off and hung them up. Then we walked out together and into the freezing cold streets of South Park, still deathly quiet. Snow was beginning to form and tumble to the ground, landing on my blue hat and Tweek's blonde mess he considered hair. We looked at each other, shared a mutual silence for about four seconds, and then went our separate ways.

That was the end of that.

The rest of the walk home consisted of me trying to keep myself warm with the help of my mittens and hat. It took almost too long for me to step up to my house and unlock the door. I finally walked in, relieved that it was actually somewhat warmer inside than outside, and shut the door behind me. I guess I must have been too loud because a second after, my devil of a sister came walking out.

"Could you be any louder?" she asked, her red hair a wreck on the top of her head and her pajamas wrinkled and worn.

I simply stuck my middle finger in her face and said nothing. She returned the gesture before going back to her room, mumbling something about how annoying I was or whatever. I hadn't really been listening.

After getting all warm and comfortable in my bed, I frowned at the fact that the sun was starting to come up. It felt weird to have to sleep in the daytime instead of night. Slowly, I allowed myself to close my eyes and drift off to sleep.

 â â â Â

"Hey, kid," a group of guys, only a little older than me, said as they walked up to my sitting figure. I had been crouching behind the school building smoking a cigarette when they spotted me, "this is our spot."

My eyes trailed over to them almost lazily, and I watched them as I took a long drag before blowing out the smoke. "It's actually public property."

"Come on man, just leave," one of them said, walking up to me. I stared up at them for a minute before taking one last puff and smashing the cigarette into the snow. I stood up and was actually a bit taller than the one who had just spoken.

"Hey, aren't you that kid who hangs out with The Spaz?" the one in the back observed.

"Whoa! It is!" the guy in front of me exclaimed.

"Craig Tucker. That's my name, I'm not 'that kid'." I informed them. They laughed.

"You're sassy," the one in front crossed his arms and grinned, "I like you. Too bad you hang out with such a creep."

A creep? My Tweekers is not a creep. It made me want to punch them in the face for saying such a thing. Still, Tweek was basically my only friend.. I couldn't just pass up the opportunity to make it with other people... Before I even knew what was happening, I spoke up - my lips moving faster than my brain.

"You mean Tweek? He's annoying," I lied. "The only reason I hang out with  him anymore is because of the free coffee. He's a freak, really."

"We might just get along," the one who hadn't spoken until now said with a smirk.

"Craig...?"

Oh shit.

I turned around and saw none other than Tweek Tweak standing right behind me with the most betrayed look I had ever seen on him. I could hear the laughter of the group behind me and then the footsteps of Tweek getting fainter as he ran off in the other direction

 â â â Â

My eyes snapped open and I looked around, only to find myself in the safety of my own room. That stupid dream again! It happened in Junior High - why was it still haunting me? Oh, yeah, because I regret every second of it. I pulled myself up and hung my head in my hands. I had started smoking that year and managed to stop in ninth grade. Now I'll smoke if given the chance but I don't make it a habit of begging people to buy me a pack.

"Fuck!" I muttered, falling back onto my bed and flipping the ceiling off, shooting it my best death glare. That was the main reason I hate myself; that stupid day in seventh grade.

"Craig, get up! Mom said you'll be late for work!" I heard my sister call from the other side of my locked door.

"Dammit!" I whispered. I had forgotten that I was working another night shift with Tweek. I dragged myself out of bed and got ready in the miserable state I awoke in.

Next thing I knew I found myself face to face with the Harbucks door yet again. Maybe one day I could look at it and turn in the other direction without worrying about getting fired.