{Twelve}

*Craig's P.O.V.*

It had to have been some time around four in the morning when my phone went off, disturbing my slumber. I was about to ignore it when I realized that the only person who even thought to call me at such an hour had always been Tweek. So I answered without thinking further into it and made an attempt to wipe the sleep from me eyes. I was so tired.

"Hello?" I mumbled into the microphone. I slowly pulled myself upward into a sitting position and yawned.

"GAH!" the undeniable voice of Tweek exploded into my ears and I had to actually pull the phone away from my ears while he screamed before bringing it back up, "Cr-Craig?!"

I stretched, "Mhmm.." I closed my eyes and allowed myself to fall back onto the comforting mattress.

"U-umm.... Did I - ngh - did I wake you?" he whispered.

"Yes," I responded absentmindedly.

There was shuffling from the other end, "Ack! I-I'm sorry, I'll j-just go!"

"Tweek," I said firmly, "I'm wide awake now. Might as well tell me why you called."

"O-oh..." I could hear the guilt in his voice, "I-I had a nightmare..."

"About?" I asked.

"Erk! I don't remember!" He exclaimed.

I put my arm over my eyes and yawned again. There was a long pause before I spoke up, "What was your favorite toy as a kid?"

"Wh-what?!" asked Tweek, obviously confused by my sudden question.

"It's a question, Tweek. You're supposed to answer it," I told him.

"Oh... Man, I don't remember that!" was his well thought out response. I sighed softly but he must have heard me because he started to freak out a little bit, "ACK! I-I mean, there was th-this cool monkey thing m-my mom gave me!"

"Was it just a stuffed animal?" I asked.

"Well... Y-yeah, I guess.. It held this - erk - coffee mug and whenever you squeezed it, i-it would make this weird noise," he told me.

"That doesn't sound that cool," another yawn escaped my lips.

"H-hey! I thought it was awesome!" Tweek protested.

I smiled softly at this, "Seems kinda stupid to me."

"Oh yeah?! W-well what about you?" I could hear the defensiveness in his voice.

"I never really played with toys," I said, "I only hung out with Stripe and watched Red Racer."

"Gah! Well Red Racer was a stupid show!" Tweek said in a tone that sounded as if he were trying to convince himself rather than me.

"No it wasn't," I responded.

"I-I know...." he sighed and there was another small silence. I could feel myself slipping in and out of sleep yet I still tried my hardest to stay awake. Some time went by before Tweek spoke up again and I was mildly surprised that I hadn't fallen asleep by then, "Do you - ngh - have a d-date for that dance?"

"Don't be stupid, Tweek," I said, wondering why he had asked me such a question, "I'm not going to the dance." Another silence and then a question of my own popped into mind, "Do you?"

"ACK! No way, man! That's too much pressure!" he said hurriedly. For some reason, I felt a bit relieved at this response.

"So you're not doing anything for Valentines Day?" I rolled over and stared into the darkness of my room, wondering why I felt so weird all of a sudden.