{Ten}

The weirdest thing about visiting Stark's Pond at night was the fact that I hadn't been there in such a long time. It was much darker than I remembered, the only thing illuminating the water being the glow from the moon and stars above. It reflected the night sky in such a mesmerizingly beautiful way. Oh great, I'm beginning to sound like some cheesy hopeless romantic.

Tweek had left my house to go back home and assure his parents that he hadn't been kidnapped, leaving me to do nothing for the rest of the day until dark. We were meeting at around midnight if I remembered correctly but my mind deceived me a lot so to make sure I had arrived earlier than the time set in my head. I didn't have work but I have no clue as to whether or not he had occupied the shop that afternoon. It seemed like he worked everyday, where as I only worked a few days a week and occasionally graveyard shifts on the weekends.

The pond was covered in a thin layer of ice, one that would shatter if anyone were to step foot on it. It was quite the sight to behold. I couldn't seem to tear my eyes away from it, really. It brought back a lot of memories from the nights I snuck out and came here to just think and be by myself. I remembered the first time I told Tweek that this was where I went to just relax. It had been a weird thing for me to do but I trust him enough to tell him all about the places I went to hide and resolve the make-believe wars in my mind.

Anyone who knows me well enough would know that I enjoyed my time at Stark's Pond but out of those people the only person I had ever invited to actually join me was Tweek Tweak. 

My thoughts were soon interrupted by the sound of crunching leaves getting closer and closer to where I sat on the bench.  I didn't need to look behind me to know that the hesitant shuffling of feet was exactly who I was supposed to be meeting that night.

"Craig?" the unmistakable voice of the only person whose opinion actually matters to me lifted into my eardrums. I turned around in my seat only to be greeted by the shaking figure of exactly who I thought would be there; Tweek Tweak.

"Hey," I greeted, feeling a strange mixture of both awkward and an overwhelming sense of exhilaration.

It was a bit too dark to see exactly what he was wearing but I could have sworn that was my shirt clinging to his body that night. The thought had caused my stomach to grow warm and somehow fuzzy in an odd, almost unexplainable way. With caution and reluctance, Tweek made his way over to me and sat down. Although he was a fair distance away from me, we were still sitting on the same bench.

There was an awfully long silence that met us at that moment, though I wasn't sure if it was actually long or if time just slowed down due to the whole awkwardness of this entire situation. I turned to look out at the frozen over pond in an attempt to indulge myself in happy nostalgic thoughts. That proved hard to do.

"Ngh - you're right," said Tweek.

I wasn't expecting him to speak so when he did, it startled me a bit. I didn't flinch, nor did I make any sudden sounds or movements. I simply just wasn't prepared for him to actually talk to me. I decided that staying silent wouldn't help any so I voiced my thoughts, "About what?"

I was watching him from the corner of my eyes by this point but his own were glued to the scenery, "It is - ERK - r-really cool."

I nodded, "I thought you'd like it.."

"I do," a small smile broke out onto his features, "W-we should do this more often."

I had no idea what to say by this point other than a small "yeah" since this was an amazing thing to me. Slowly, very slowly, we were becoming friends again. The fact that he said we should do this more just proved that he was going to give me a second chance. I just hope I don't screw it up again.