{Thirteen}

{A/N: Writers block. This is gonna be a pretty short and lame chapter...}

■ ■ ■

I think it was about midnight when Tweek showed up to Stark's Pond that day. I had been there since nightfall and was thinking about what I would tell him when in the end I came up with nothing and when he approached my spot on the bench I kept getting more and more anxious. I could only hope that it didn't show.

Tweek took a seat next to me, silently fidgeting and staring down at his oh-so dear thermos, "I-I'm going to... ACK! I'm going to h-hear you out.."

I nodded, the silence engulfed us for a good two minutes before I spoke up again, "What do you want to know?"

"E-everything!" exclaimed Tweek, "Why did you -ACK! - why did you say that?! W-w-was it true?! D-do you h-hate - URGH - m-me?!"

I was slightly shocked by his little outburst so I straightened my voice and regained my composure before explaining the best I could. "Never in my life have I ever even come close to disliking you. You rarely annoy me and I don't think you're a freak. Sure, you can be difficult to be around considering how paranoid you are but I wouldn't change that about you for anything."

Tweek stared at me with an unfazed expression. I took that as my queue to continue.

"And yeah, I told those guys that I was using you but at the time you were basically my only friend and I wanted to know what it was like to be.. 'accepted' I guess.. By trying to gain the slightest hint of popularity I lost the only thing that I had," I sighed. This was so unlike me, I can't believe I'm being so emotional right now. I feel really stupid. I looked over to him and gave him a very small, pathetic looking smile, "You never even gave me free coffee," I pointed out.

The boy opened his mouth but then closed it and averted his eyes to his lap, staying completely silent. I wondered what he was thinking, if he was going to give me another chance... Not that I deserve one anyway. Oh my god, why do I sound so stupid right now?

"Craig," said Tweek, "Y-you really - ngh - hurt me.."

I stared at him, "I know."

"I-I don't think I can really e-ever trust you again and it makes me mad to - urgh - remember that you thought I wasn't good enough," he bit his lip gently. I stayed silent. "B-but I'm even m-more mad by the fact that I forgive you...."

It was silent. Completely and utterly silent. His breathing was so unusually soft that I could barely hear it and it felt like I was holding my breath as I stared at him in a very confused manner. I frowned and looked away, "You don't have to pretend to be okay with everything."

"I'm not okay with it," he explained, "I-I just...You just.... I-I like you, is all.."

I blinked at this and looked over at him. My heart felt like it was ready to explode and my breathing hitched, "You what?"

"GAH!" Tweek screeched as if he just realized what he said, "I-I mean I like you a-as a friend, y-you're a r-r-really good - ACK! - friend!!!"

Something inside of me fell. I don't know what happened, but I felt almost disappointed by his reaction. I pushed away the weird feeling and nodded my head, "I like you, too."

Tweek looked over at me with a shocked expression and I allowed my guard to fall when I gave him yet another smile, this one not so pathetic and weak.

"I-I still don't trust you," muttered Tweek, looking away hurriedly.

I ruffled his hair, "I didn't expect you to. So, we're friends again?"

Tweek glanced at me but quickly turned back away when he realized that I was looking at him, "Y-yeah... Friends.."

That wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it was going to be. I had expected him to be overly angry - he had every right to be after all. But he seemed.. calm about it? No, it seemed like he had completely given up on the whole thing. I don't think that's good, though. I stood up and sighed softly.

"Come on, Tweek, I'll walk you home."

■ ■ ■

The next day Tweek and I sat together during lunch. It was more than a little awkward and neither one of us could think of a single thing to say to loosen the mood a bit. Despite this, it was nice to finally have someone around - to know that there's someone who's standing right beside you even after you wronged them.

"Dude, I seriously can't wait!" exclaimed Clyde, forcing our attention onto him as he ran up to us with Token following close behind him.

"Ngh - what?" asked Tweek, clearly confused as to what the hell he was talking about.

"The dance, dipshit!" Clyde laughed, "I can't wait. So you guys coming or what?"

"No," I responded.

"You're such a Debbie Downer," mumbled Clyde while rolling his eyes. Then he turned his attention unto Tweek, "What about you, Tweekster?"

"Gah! N-no way, dude!" Tweek screeched, shaking his head furiously.

"It's gonna be lame anyway," Token assured Tweek.

"Is not!" Clyde protested.

"Is too," both Token and I responded at  the same time.

"Just because of that, I'm dragging all three of you with me!" said Clyde, pointing at us and pursing his lips.

Token, Tweek, and I all exchanged glances before we turned to Clyde once more. "No," Token said while I stared at the brunette and Tweek shook his head with disapproval at Clyde's idea.

There was no way I'd let him just drag me to some stupid dance that I didn't even want to go to. Why did he want us to tag along anyway? He has his girlfriend to go with. I mentally rolled my eyes at the thought and the day carried on with no further interesting events.