{Seventeen}

A few days later Craig and I got a little closer to finding out what had happened to his sister while at her friend's house. We were both working in Harbucks and Kenny had stormed into the shop looking a mixture of annoyed and wary. He walked straight up to Craig, who was behind the cash register at the time, and crossed his arms, staring at the man expectantly.

There was a brief pause before Craig lifted his middle finger and spoke up, "What?" To which I interrupted by nudging him in the back while walking past him. "Oh. I mean, welcome to Harbucks."

"The hell did your sister do, Tucker?" asked Kenny defensively.

Craig narrowed his eyes, "What are you talking about?"

"Karen's been upset since the night your sister came over and she won't tell me a thing!" explained Kenny, running a hand through his blonde hair and sighing lightly.

I walked over, since they were starting to make a scene in the shop and I didn't want the customers to be scared off. I fidgeted and frowned, "U-umm.." they turned to me, "Y-you were there w-w-weren't - ACK! - weren't you? H-how come - ngh - you don't know?"

Kenny sighed and shoved his hands into his pockets, "I was hanging out with a friend of my own and got too distracted to pay attention."

I nodded slowly, though Craig responded by yet again flipping him the bird. Sometimes I wondered if he even realized his own actions..

"So," Kenny started up again, "do you know anything?"

"I wasn't there," Craig stated. "How could I possibly know?"

"She's your sister," mumbled Kenny.

Craig furrowed his eyebrows so slightly that I almost didn't even notice it, "Yeah, and Karen's yours."

It's not very often that I see Kenneth McCormick so defensive over something since he's more often than not a very playful and stress free individual. I guess he cares a lot about his sister, which really shouldn't be surprising. Maybe I just don't understand. After all, I don't have any siblings of my own. Unless I was adopted.. I made a mental note to ask my parents whether or not I was adopted later and then listened back into the conversation.

By the time my mind ran back to reality, Kenny was walking out the door. Though he turned around before reaching it and grinned ear to ear.

"Well, after we get this all cleared up how about we go on a date Tucker?" questioned Kenny.

"Fuck off," was Craig's immidiate response, followed by the raising of his middle finger.

I frowned at this, because I really didn't want Kenny to steal Craig away from me. Then I remembered something that still breaks my heart to this day.

Hah! Joke's on you, I thought, Craig's straight!

Then my frown deepened and I felt an overwhelming urge to flush myself down the toilet or something.

"Ngh.. What happened?" I asked.

Craig spared me a glance before responding, "You were standing there the whole time, dude."

Silence.

"I-I spaced out..." I said nervously. Craig sighed and I stared down at my shoes.

"He just told me to ask Ruby about it," he shrugged. I nodded and together we got back to work.

*Craig's P.O.V.*

After my shift was over and I was back home, my first destination was Ruby's room. But not after being stopped by my mom.