{Twenty}

One week. It's been one whole week since that somewhat awkward and slightly depressing conversation with Tweek's mother. Now it was Monday morning, and working with Tweek at the coffee shop the previous weekend was hell. He hadn't made me coffee, or helped me with my apron, or even spared a glance at me. Like a pile of shit meant more to him than me. I had even tried to talk to him but he told me he didn't want to speak to me about anything and then proceeded to suggest that I stop talking to him.

I felt defeated and alone. Completely, terribly alone. More alone than I was the first time he left me. But Tweek was in love  with me. So why does he insist on avoiding me?

What did I even do wrong? I was speechless due to such an unexpected love confession. He said he was straight! I had never even considered he was lying...

Even the bus ride to school was awful. The overly packed vehicle filled to the brim with pimply teenagers who were too lazy to get up early and walk to their school, which wasn't even that far considering how small this mountain town is. I always took the bus. I, too, was a lazy bastard.

Sometimes Tweek chose to ride on the bus, other times he walked or got a ride from whichever one of his parents were home. His family was never together as a whole. They needed someone to cover that 24/7 coffee shop, and very few people worked there. From what I know it's only Tweek, his parents and I who go behind that counter. They really needed more workers...

That day, Tweek got onto the bus. It just so happened that I was sitting next to Clyde, while Token sat with that girl from the dance directly behind us. Kenny sat alone in front of us. It was the only open spot available, so Tweek made his way.

Like every other time I had seen him after that night last week, his eyes were dead. The bags that collected under them piled upon one another, much heavier than normal, while he kept his gaze trained on his mug. He sat down and I stared at the blonde mess of hair in front of me. It looked as if he pulled at it way too hard this morning. It was messy and wild and uncared for and so Tweek. It was who he was, and I wouldn't change that for the universe and all its constellations. 

I lost him before, but this time it just seemed so much harder.

Kenny turned to him and I had to strain my neck to hear what they were saying.

"You've got my number, right?" asked Kenny.

"Ngh.... Y-yeah..." Tweekers responded.

"Dude! Are you even listening?!" interrupted Clyde.

God fucking damn it, Donovan.

"Shut up," I shoved my middle finger in his face, not even bothering to look at him.

Clyde stared at me, then looked in front of us to Tweek and Kenny. "Ohh! You're jealous."

"Stop being stupid, Clyde," I told him.

"That's impossible," said Token, leaning forward so his face was right next to ours.

"Token! You're actually talking to us!" laughed Clyde.

"He's such an idiot that he hasn't even found out that something happened between you and Tweek," Token pointed out. I looked over toward Token. Of course he figured it out, a whole week without Tweek and I speaking was unheard of since we became friends again.

Clyde opened his mouth to retort when suddenly something dawned upon him. His eyes widened and he looked from me to Tweek, then stared at Token, "Seriously?!"

"See?" Token said, smiling slightly. Clyde turned away. "So, what happened?"

I sighed, "I'd rather not say."