{Nineteen}

For a good ten seconds, Craig and I stared into one another's eyes in utter silence. I hated how quiet it was in that moment, the reality of how dead the world would become showed most when no one spoke. Even so, I took this as an opportunity to look at him - I mean really look at him. His entirety, his eyes, face, body posture.. Nothing about him gave off that he cared about my little confession. I looked back to his eyes, so empty and stoic as if everything we've ever been through meant absolutely nothing. Like I was a crumpled up piece of paper littering the floor and he just happened to glance my way. I knew he was straight, so I knew that I would be rejected. I just.. I wasn't expecting him to stay completely silent.

Craig Tucker was not at all phased by what I had said and that just about killed me.

Then he averted his eyes and changed where his line of sight could reach, still in complete silence. I couldn't take it anymore, so I stood up and rubbed at my eyes - which were leaking with tears, I might add.

"N-nice to know y-y-you care," I spat, turning around and hurrying off. I didn't bother running. He wasn't going to chase after me like in some stupid romantic movie anyway.

*Craig's P.O.V.*

"I'm in love with you."

Tweek Tweak hadn't even stuttered when he full on said it. At first I thought he was just fooling around, playing some sick joke. That wasn't the case. I had to search everywhere in his eyes and facial expression for some hint of doubt that he was in love with me, but I found none. How was I supposed to even react to such a statement? I couldn't say it back. It wasn't true, I wasn't 'in love' with him. I could never fall for another guy, even if I wanted to. I'm straight.

I looked away from him, trying to think of something, anything I could say. What was I supposed to say?

"N-nice to know y-y-you care," said Tweek. I looked back toward him and noticed he had stood up by this point. Now he really was crying. He looked so hurt.. So broken and torn apart, as if he had just witnessed his closest family member die. Then, he walked away.

The second Tweek's back was turned to me, I stood up. I couldn't just let him walk away, could I? But.. What was I supposed to say or do? Run after him and apologize? Apologize for what? It wasn't my fault I didn't hold the same feelings he did.

When the blonde was fully out of sight, I fell back onto the bench and stared at the pond.

"Holy shit," I groaned, rubbing at my tired eyes.

What the hell was I going to do now?

■ ■ ■

The next school day, Clyde walked up to me and slung an arm around my shoulder, "So, why'd Tweek run off like that?" I flipped him off. "Yeah, he has always been pretty skittish. I guess I'm not surprised." I pushed him away. "Rude!" Another flick of the middle finger and I was down the hallway.

I didn't have time for Clyde's stupidity. I needed to think of what to do, what to say. Actually, if Clyde hadn't been so focused on us then this never would have happened! I sighed at the thought. There was no use in pointing fingers. It was my doing. I shouldn't have stayed silent. I screwed up yet again. Why do I always screw up? Tweek didn't even show up at school today. I'm supposed to be working with him after school. Maybe then I could get a word or two in with the kid.

I walked out the door. It was break and I needed a cigarette.

"Tucker," nodded Christophe as I approached. He held out his pack and I gratefully took one, using his lighter to burn the end. Silence. I slid down to the snow, squatting down and staring at the white sheet below. "Twitch?" he asked. I glared up at him but said nothing. "Did you tell him?"