Chapter 2

I get back to my room after a long day. I should take a shower before I even go to work in an hour. Being a working student is really hard but I have to keep the money rolling so I won't have to ask anything from my parents. It's such a shame if I ever have the guts to ask them for anything at this age.

Only a few months left and I'd be graduating college. I take a towel to the bathroom for a cold shower to wake me up. I decided to put a teal cotton shirt on and comb my hair. Having straight thick hair is having its disadvantages. One of them is blow drying. I shall be done in ten minutes so I won't be late for work. It's refreshing to work in a coffee shop. You learn a lot from meeting new faces, mixing new drinks you didn't even know exist. I'm not even a coffee drinker, that's why I humbly enjoy the fruit juices offered for free during breaks. Somehow, it makes me feel refreshed and ready to face a ton of new people once again.

Joe's Coffee Park is a pretty good spot located on the corner of the main street. It offers a variety of drinks, from juices and coffee based. They also serve breads, cakes and some pastries. It's quite known among the office workers and the students around the area who are considered as patrons who regularly visit the place. The prices are also bordering from cheap to average to accommodate their university customers.

I am squatting on the floor, wiping the doors of the bread counters when I see someone peeking at me through the glass. I am caught off guard that I stand up and gape at the counter waiting for her to emerge and show herself.

As expected, she stands and smirks that signature smile with eyes like laughing, laughing at me. "Surprise, surprise." She says like it's completely boring to her.

"Are you following me?" I pointedly ask her and she looks at me like I must be kidding.

"I was just looking through the desserts available. Do you mind if I order?" She asks taking in the customer mode. I sigh and walk to the cashier to take her order. I am trying very hard not to sound rude but I can't believe what effects she has on me. It's like I'm all messed up whenever she's around.

"What do you want?" I ask mumbling like I am not even interested.

"How about the cashier?" she asks unexpectedly. I was taken aback that I unconsciously narrow my eyes and ask her again. She is really messing up with me for she's now all smiles and looks like she's about to burst out laughing.

"Good afternoon, may I take your order?" I try again trying to sound friendly this time. I even smile for the sake of the line of customers next to her.

"Yes you may, I really like to take the cashier tonight for dinner. That is, if she's available."

Incredulous! She's really trying my patience! I inhale and relax as I ignore her and start to ask and gesture for the next customer.

"Hi, welcome to Joe's, may I take your order?" I smile at the woman behind her and dismiss her already unbelieving face. She doesn't look like she's fazed with my dismissal instead she stands next to the isle with arms on the counter like she's waiting for her non-sense order.

I take the orders and is finished after four customers. I go to her and face her. I chastise myself for being annoyed at her. This must be her way of making friends and apologizing, while I am completely a mess in front of her. This is way too awkward. "What are you doing? What do you want from me? I don't even know you." I ask controlling my irritation. Some customers look at us so I smile as if I'm talking to a friend.

"Blake." She replies in a heartbeat, extending her hand for a shake. I look at it for a second and realizing I'm not taking it, she takes it back. "Now you know my name, I guess introduction is out the question." She says as a matter of fact as I wait for her answers. "What am I doing? I'm currently standing inside the coffee shop and try as I might, the cashier won't let me make up for what I have done earlier today." She responds subsequently. If humans can shape shift, I'm pretty sure I'm seeing a puppy face right now. She wants to make it up with me. I think I'm fine, she doesn't have to complete these fuzz by taking me to the movies.