Chapter 18

People say that you will do everything for love, nobody informed me that martyrdom comes with it. I am not saying I am to be considered a martyr but that is how Tia calls me most of the time.

I was hired two years ago in a publishing company. I am more into reviewing the projects and the books that we are to release. I also have a part in providing our authors their monthly check in case they have one.

I am still waiting for my time to prove that I can also be good in writing. It's my passion ever since I learned how to write and how to rhyme things out. Normally, I would write poems, a few lyrics of a song, but I am really aiming to be able to write my own novel. I knew I was aiming for it the first time I read a novel book by S. Sheldon. His works might be a little matured for my age the first time I got hold of a copy. Until I began to read the pages, my consciousness was awakened in a different light. The different forms of love and the form and failure of revenge. Still the books are not enough to warn me about the pains of love. I guess I am meant to learn in first hand.

For the past few years I became passive. I learned how to shrug off the jealousy, the hurt, the expectations. I learned that expecting will bring me disappointments. That is why I just go with the flow, accept what is given to me and not ask anything.

Amy had been very generous to share her house with me. We already came out to her the next day of Blake's first sleepover. She very disappointed in me and she felt betrayed but eventually, she accepted the fact that nothing could change the way I feel for Blake. She started being civil with her since Blake comes over every Friday to spend the weekends with me. Sometimes we visit my parents and seldom we visit her's.

That doesn't mean we don't get to spend the rest of the week together. Sometimes I commute to her workplace so we can go home together. Sometimes, I bring her lunch, and mostly we get lunch together. Ever since she started working in the nearby university as professor for physical health and nutrition, her work time is almost like mine.

Since we cannot go to her house because of Diane's existence, I see to it that most of her time spent away from home, are mostly with me. I can get really possessive especially when it comes to Blake.

These past few weeks had been worrisome. Blake had been on trips with other professors and some researchers for the book they are writing. She has been away for two weeks already and I barely see her. Her weekends off she prefers not to go out, instead she takes the time to rest and catch up on much needed sleep.

I cannot visit her in the apartment since I am avoiding Diane at all times. Blake hasn't been talking about her for a long time now ever since Blake brought his son to Diane's family home in Florida. It has been hard for Blake. She had been attached to the kid and had been a second mother to him for the longest time to part after two years.

I cannot console her though. As I have said when I get jealous I become possessive. Yes, I am a bitch like that.

I can be stalky sometimes. That was what I have been doing these past days. I have been tracking Diane's activity since I wanted to see Blake. Two weeks seems like forever to me now. As I watch Diane drive out of the parking lot, I assume it will be for another week when she will be back. It should be safe for me to go upstairs and surprise Blake. She must be really tired. Good thing I've geared up on learning how to massage properly.

I pass by Steve in the lobby. He smiles and nods to me. I only get the chance to visit Blake's apartment seldom times since most of the time, Diane is around. Blake though assures me that nothing is going on between them and they already decided to become friends. Who would ever believe that when they are still living together. Yes, I have a dirty mind too, mind you.