Chapter 20

Purpose. Everybody will find their life unfulfilling if they haven't known or done their purpose. It is the main conclusion of a problem, the ending of the story, the last drop of honey. I have never thought about it until now. What is my purpose? I have grown independent and tried to solve things my way. What is the conclusion of my life?

In job interviews, you will always be asked, 'five years from now, how do you see yourself?'. Mostly people my age would be simply saying they want a stable job, knowing that getting a job these days is harder than eating. If I will get the chance to answer that now, I will be replying in a sing-song voice; 'happy and contented with the love of my life, Blake. We will be living in the suburbs in a two story house with white picket fence and a huge garden in the front and in the back. I would love to see a swimming pool too but that will be after ten more years so it's invalid. If only...

In the meantime, I will be contented waiting for Blake to contact me and maybe go home by the weekend. I haven't seen her in weeks and I have been missing her like crazy. I shouldn't be acting immaturely by begging for her attention so whenever I miss her, I create a page online and add it to my blog dedicated to her. Sometimes, it has baby pictures of us, sometimes souvenirs from a restaurant, even tissue paper or candy wrappers that will be a remembrance of a certain day, mark a certain date. So far, since I am missing her badly, I am already on the 80th page of compiling the story of our relationship.

It's a Friday, I can't wait to start my mission impossible role. I really love surprising Blake though I can tell she doesn't like too many surprises.

I will wake up early tomorrow so I can cook breakfast to bring into her apartment tomorrow. She did not tell me that she'll be home but I have a strange feeling that she will. I will have to call Steve tonight to make sure that Blake is going to be home tomorrow.

I'm too giddy to focus with work so I urge the clock to strike twelve so I can go on my break. Fortunately, it's only a ten-minute wait.

----------ooooo----------

I hurry outside under the hot weather. I can't wait for the day to go to the beach and swim. I think Blake will love to swim and chill by the shore. Well with beach, she should get to have a new pair of swimsuit, if not a new bikini to match with.

I hurriedly much on my sandwich and sip on my coffee so I could stay awake while counting the hours in the office. I'm lucky not to have a ton of work today that I get to enjoy Friday.

Blake must be packing some of her things now to bring home for the weekend. In two more hours, she will be here, unless she's going somewhere.

By the time I leave the office, I'm already aching to call Steve so I can confirm if Blake comes in. I will surely buy him a sweet cake for this favor. Though this is not something new, I have already asked Steve in the past for other favors concerning Blake's ins and outs. I know it's some kind of stalkish, but who cares, I'm her girl friend and I really want to surprise her.

"Steve, any news of Blake?" I ask as soon as I got inside the bedroom. I lie and stare at the ceiling while waiting for Steve's response.

"She's left again. She came in something like thirty minutes ago and she just passed by a few seconds going out." Steve says in a hearty voice.

"She must be going here. Oh my! Thanks Steve!!! I owe you so much! See you!" I scream excitedly over the phone. I'm sure Steve must be pulling the receiver away from his ear.

"Sure Lana!" He patiently but still happily replies back.

I sprint to the bathroom to take a quick shower. She must be thinking of surprising me too. I eagerly brush my teeth and spray some spritz just to freshen me up some more. I return to bed and open up the book I was reading for a week now. I pretend to be reading for some time that I already tire myself in my position.