Chapter 5 ♛

♛ Chapter 5 ♛

♛ Bryson

"How are you feeling?" I asked Anastasia once she has woken up out of her slumber.

Anastasia didn't feel like being alone so I slept on her couch for the night. After hearing what I heard last night I can't help but to feel obligated to help her. I can tell that she has been through hell and I just want to show her she's not alone.

"Yeah." She nodded her head coming to sit beside me on the couch.

She ran her hand through her hair moving it out of her face slightly.

She's very beautiful if I must say so myself. It was kind of dark last night and the first time I seen her I didn't really get a good look at her face. Looking at her chocolate cheeks and plump lips made me want to lean over and take them in mine. I shook the feeling off once she began speaking.

"I'm sorry about what happened last night. I didn't mean to ruin your night with my problems, I just got a little carried away." She explained to me.

I shook my head and waved her off.

"Nah, you didn't ruin my night at all. You don't have to apologize." I told her honestly.

She smiled a little and nodded her head.

"It's just that I try so hard to make things right for us but it's like nothing goes right at all." She stated looking like she's deep in thought.

"I know the feeling..." I mumbled lowly.

"What was that?" She questioned me.

"I know the feeling. I actually have a daughter of my own. I've been raising her on my own for the past few years." I told her honestly.

Her eyes widen in shock.

"Are you serious? You take of your daughter by yourself?" She asked surprised.

I nodded my head. "Yeah, why are you so shock?" I asked.

"It's very rare to see a man taking care of his daughter by himself...no offense. Usually it's the other way around." She replied back to me.

"I understand but I'm not like these other dudes out there that would just abandon their child. It's just not me, I love Harley with all of me." I told her.

She smiled big. "That's good. Her name is Harley?" She asked.

"Yeah, things weren't always easy for us..." I said to her.

"How so?" She asked putting her hand under her chin looking very interested.

"Well last year I had to borrow money to buy her Christmas gifts. Before that I would have never thought about borrowing money from anyone but I did it for her." I told her still dreading having to do that.

I would do anything for Harley even if that means setting my pride aside and asking for money.

"Awww, I would do anything for my little baby too. Sometimes I even have to ask my sister for money and I really hate doing it." She said staring down at her hands.

I grabbed her chin and lifted it slightly.

"Everybody needs help sometimes." I mumbled making a tear drop out of her eye.

I gently wiped the tear off of her cheek.

"Can I use the bathroom?" I asked her interrupting our little moment.

"Yeah, sure." She said pointing towards the hallway where the bathroom is located.

I nodded my head and went down the hallway. Once I turned the hallway I quickly went to her bedroom where I laid her down to sleep last night. Once I was in I slowly closed the door.

I dug in my pocket to find the money the club owner gave to me last night. Once I pulled it out I counted it and then sat five hundred dollars on her bed.

After that I quickly snuck back into the living room.

"That was quick." She stated.

"Yeah, uh I have to go." I lied grabbing my jacket off of her couch.

"Okay well I guess I'll see you around." She replied back to me sitting with her legs in her arms.

"Goodbye Anastasia." I said grabbing the door handle.

"Goodbye Bryson." She answered back with a small smile.

I nodded before opening the door and walking out.

***

"Daddy!" Harley yelled once I walked into my mom's crib.

Her voice is like music to my ears.

"Hey baby." I said picking her up as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Look who has decided to show up, your father is finally here." My mom said with her hands on her hips.

"Sorry mom, I just got a little caught up last night." I apologized to her.

I was suppose to come back to get Harley but clearly I forgot.

"Hmmmm I know what you got caught up on." She stated raising her eyebrow.

I shook my head. "It wasn't even like that now."

"Look at my lips daddy." Harley said pointing out the green candy on her lips.

I mean mugged my mom a little.

"You know she ain't suppose to be eating candy." I told my mom.

Harley gets extremely hyper when she eats candy and it's hard to keep her under control when she does.

My mom shrugged. "She begged me and you know I always give into her puppy dog eyes. You gave me the same look when you were younger." She reminded me.

"Well next time say no." I replied back.

"Oh, Jennifer came by to see her while you were gone." My mom mentioned making my jaw clench slightly.

I sat Harley down on the ground letting her run wild.

"You have to keep her away from Harley, she's been doing drugs around  her." I told my mom.

My mom shook her head. "Well she told me she has been clean for a while and besides that's her mother Bryson, you can't keep her away from her mother." My mom explained to me.

She's not getting it. I do not want my daughter around her.

"I'm sorry mom but I can't risk bringing Harley around her. She's a freaking lunatic and the drugs make her even more crazier." I stated.

"Harley needs a mother figure in her life whether you like it or not." My mom said trying to get me to agree with her.

"You've never seen her when she's on them drugs mom. She's crazy and she's not in the right state of mind." I tried to reason with her.

"Alright, fine just keep the girl away from her mother. You're gonna regret it when she gets older." She replied back folding her arm over her chest.

"Trust me, I'm won't at all."

___________________________
Harley in mm 😍😊

What do you guys think?
Comment below
Vote please
Comment vote follow

Xoxo - Msfanfictional ❤️