Chapter 20 ♕

♕ Chapter 20 ♕

Anastasia♕

I gave Jennifer a blanket so she could sleep on the couch for tonight.

I must admit. I'm not really okay with her staying here but I'm not that heartless to just let her live on the streets where she could get hurt. So far she has been nice compared to when I first seen her.

"Thank you so much." She said grabbing my hand and gently rubbing it.

I nodded my head and smiled.

"You're welcome." I said to her before going into the girl's room and making sure they were in bed.

Casey didn't mind sharing her bed with Harley at all. They've grown pretty close.

Casey was practically knocked out on the floor when I came into the room. Harley is wide awake holding a book in her hand.

I gently picked Casey up and put her into the bed.

"Harley, is everything alright?" I asked coming over to her.

She didn't reply back I just heard her sniffling.

I picked her up into my arms.

"What's wrong?" I asked her as she wiped her eyes.

"I don't like it when mommy's always sick." She replied back.

I raised my eyebrows in confusion.

"How do you know that mommy's always sick?" I asked her.

"That's what daddy says when she keeps moving and shaking." She told me.

I nodded my head now understanding what she's saying.

Her mom is on drugs so she's always twitching and rocking back and forth.

"Don't worry, baby. She's gonna get better." I assured her rubbing her back.

My father did drugs so I understand completely. He died when I was eleven from an overdose.

Harley nodded her head as I laid her on the bed.

"You promise?" She asked.

I stood there staring at her innocent eyes and couldn't allow myself to say no.

"Yes, I promise." I told her.

She gave me a small smile as I tucked her and Casey in.

"Goodnight babydoll." I said kissing her and Casey's forehead.

"Night Night." She replied back.

I smiled before turning on their night light, turning off the room light, and then leaving the room. I made sure to crack the door just in case they need us.

I plan on having a talk with Jennifer tomorrow because she can't keep living her life like this. It breaks my heart to see Harley so torn apart because of her mother. This might have a bad influence on how she acts in the future.

I looked at Jennifer one last time before heading into my room where I seen Bryson sleep with drool coming down the side of his mouth.

I chuckled a little before getting into his bed.

I grabbed my book so I could read a little before I go to bed.

I was only two pages into the book when I felt Bryson's hand on my thigh.

I looked down to see him looking back at me.

"Go to bed." I stated continuing to read.

He began to kiss my thighs.