Chapter Eight

When midnight came Erza re-quipped into a white blouse with a blue ribbon and a blue pleated skirt, her scarlet hair loose and hanging over her shoulders with a red cloak over it. Erza pulled the hood on over her head and walked over to the window and climbed onto the windowsill and leaped onto a tree by the window, landing on it in a crouch before flipping off it and landing on the ground below in a crouch as graceful as a cat. Rier flew out of the window and hovered over her head, staring down at Erza in amusement as Erza made her way towards Fairy Tail Forest where she knew a short cut to Demon Valley.

"Are you and Rier's creator secret lovers?" Rier asked as he flew above her head. Erza had been surprised to learn that Rier had been created by Natsu.   

"Secret lovers?" Erza repeated, stars shining in her eyes. "That's so romantic like in the smut books I'm quite fond of! Oh, Natsu and I need a ship name! Hmm ... how about Natza!"

"Natza?" Rier repeated. "Rier likes Ertsu better than Natza."

"But still, this is like a fairy tale!" Erza gushes, lacing her hands together and grinning wide. "A demon and a human fall in love! So much better than a vampire and a human! And better yet they're from opposite sides of a war that went on for centuries! We're like Romeo and Juliet except none of us will die - I hope. But like in Romeo and Juliet I hope our two sides would see the strength of our love and make peace!"

"You talk too much."

Erza and Rier came to a clearing in the Demon Valley, the darkness seeming to get darker. Trees lined around the clearing, the roots clinging to the ground and the trees seeming to have eyes as they watched Erza's every move. The moonlight peeked through the canopy, creating an eerie glow on the ground around Erza. Erza swore she could see red eyes gazing at her from the shadows and a shiver went down her spine as she walked to the middle of the clearing. She saw Natsu sitting against a tree, arms folded and his chin resting against his chest. Erza did a double take to make sure that it was actually Natsu. He was wearing maroon goggles on top of his head, a red leather jacket with a white trim located on the sides of his collar and its suspender area and a belt strap where a white belt is left hanging. His sleeves are endowed with fiery designs that fit Natsu well. He was also wearing blue navy pants with a white belt.

"Natsu?" Erza's voice breaks through the silence, catching Natsu's attention. Erza re-quipped into the clothes she was wearing underneath the cloak and ran to Natsu, straddling his lap and pressing her lips to his. Natsu pushed her away when a snigger was heard above them and he held his arm out towards Rier, palm up, and a red magic circle appeared. Rier turned into a pendant, dropping to the floor beside them which Natsu grabbed and stuck into his pocket.

"Now we won't be interrupted," he sniggered before leaning in towards Erza for another kiss but she pressed her finger to his lips, pressing his head back.

"What's with the outfit?" she asked.

"It's the disguise," Natsu says. "My name is, when we meet, is Natsu Dragion. I thought that we should have fake names incase someone from the outside reads our letters before we do. What's yours going to be?"

"Hmm," Erza hums in thought. "Erza ... Knightwalker."

"Erza Knightwalker," Natsu murmured, grinning. "That suits you."

Natsu kissed Erza again and she let him, her hands tangling in his salmon hair and her hips rocking into his. Through their passionate kiss they didn't notice the dark mist shifting over the roots of the trees surrounding them, making its way towards the oblivious couple, beady red eyes forming at the head of the mist.

Natsu noticed the mist surrounding them and an animalistic growl escaped his throat, followed by fire spewing from his mouth. Erza moved out of the way so that her didn't catch on fire and watched as shadowy figures emerged from the most, looking like horses made from the dark mist with red eyes, and galloped away, faint cries echoing as the demons disappeared. Natsu was panting in frustration and he grabbed Erza's hand and pulled them both to their feet.