Chapter Sixteen

The boat trip back to Fiore was a long and painful one. After Ember Scarlet disappeared, Gray and Lucy had instantly jumped at Natsu, wanting to take him to Fairy Tail as prisoner. Erza had instantly protested, scaring the shit out of Gray in the process, but Natsu had agreed to Lucy's and Gray's wishes, much to their surprise.

"It's for the best anyway," Natsu had said with a sad look upon his face. "I did so much to hurt you all. I'm nothing more than a monster."

Erza had been even more surprised when Natsu held his arms out toward Gray, ordering the Ice Wizard to restrain him. Gray had obliged to Natsu's wishes, creating a pair of handcuffs made out of ice. Natsu could have easily broke free from them, but he didn't.

"So what do we do now?" Lucy asked Erza, hugging her Celestial Spirit Plue hard to her. "I mean, from what your mother said, Earthland is as good as dead."

"I don't know," Erza sighed, looking over at Natsu, who looked to be in more pain then any of them. Natsu's face was bright green, his cheeks puffed out. He looked sick, which he was.

"Is he really a terrifying demon?" Lucy asked, sighing at the motion sick man. "He surely doesn't look like one."

"Natsu suffers from motion sickness!" Happy exclaimed happily, holding his paw up to the blonde. "All the dragon slayers do!"

"Is it a dragon slayer thing or do all the bad dragon slayers suffer?" Lucy asked.

"Aye! Dragon Slayers have characteristics of actual dragons, and dragons have never taken transportation before!" Happy explained. "Because of that, Dragon Slayers suffer from motion sickness! And the stronger a dragon slayer is, the more dragon-like they are, and the worse their motion sickness is!"

"Really?" Lucy muttered, eyeing the groaning and retching dragon slayer/demon with a weary eye. "I'm never learning dragon slayer magic then."

The boat went silent, except for Natsu's sick-induced noises and Happy's munching on the fish he had caught when the poor thing decided to jump out of the water right next to the cat. Gray, without Juvia around (the water wizard was enjoying the water in her water body) was finally able to relax, but he looked pained. Erza didn't blame him though. Her mother had told them that Deliora, the demon that killed everyone Gray loved, had done it in a temper tantrum. Natsu of course blamed himself: Deliora had done it because Natsu hadn't been in a destroying mood and turned down Deliora's suggestion to destroy stuff.

"I hope everyone is OK," Lucy sighed. "If what Ms. Scarlet said is true, than nearly everyone in Fairy Tail was killed."

"I guess we'll just have to wait and see," Erza sighed.

No one spoke. Lucy hugged Plue tighter, causing the small Celestial Spirit to make a little noise that was cute. Gray took his shirt off, throwing it behind him into the ocean. Juvia jumped out of the water like a dolphin, catching the shirt and disappearing underneath the surface again. The atmosphere was quiet, until Natsu threw up into the ocean.

~~~

Three hours later they had arrived back at Fairy Tail, not surprised to see it destroyed. The once lush green landscape was charred, black being seen everywhere you look. It seemed that Zeref had been enraged and rightfully so. It reminded Erza of the recurring dreams she had before she met Natsu.

"Holy shit," Gray breathed. It was the only thing he could say.

They made their way to the castle, more black passing them along the way. When they got to the castle, they were surprised to see Makarov standing at the palace gates, a look of relief on his face. That relief soon changed to confusion at seeing Natsu behind them, his hands bound by Gray's ice.