Chapter 17- We are loving life alittle at a time

* 2 months later *

Colt POV

"Are you going to take Maria out tonight?" I ask Eli while im sitting on the bed looking up at him. He moved out off his parents house to be closer to Maria, she is Ana's cousin the girl that I love and will marry one day. If I can get her to stay here with me and my family, but she wants to go to Spain with her dad and mom. "Hey are you listening, earth to colt?" Eli snaps his fingers in my face then when I look at him, he snaps me on the back of the head laughing. "Yeah im listening what do you want" im rubbing my head, laughing. The door opens to my room and I see the twins, they are mad at something and I see Dex laughing at them. "Shut up dex, god you and kyran makes me sick, its not my fault that I broke the chair", me and Eli is just sitting there looking at them with a smirk and giggling because I have no idea what they are talking about.

"Hey, Melissa what happened and why are you mad missy?" she looks at me, she looks so much like mom I miss her so much. "okay we were at dexs house and I was sitting on this old chair watching them play the game and I was going to get off the chair and then BANG it broke, and they are laughing at me saying that I just broke it cause I couldn't play and now im mad." "Its okay Melissa, I did that one day but we were in school and in front of everybody and it was caught on dvd." I told her laughing and look at Eli, he was shaking his head yeah and laughing. She looks at dex and kyran, starts laughing with tears in her eyes, she runs over and hits them on the arms hard an runs to her room laughing.

She had a hard time after mom died, me and dad had to beg her to eat and go to school, she just completely shut down. Like I did when mom died, dex was here for her she wouldn't talk to him at all. One day, she just came out and told him to just go home, to not come back or she will get me, Eli or kyran to beat him up. But, he didn't listen, he came back everyday and told her that he was going to come back, till she take him back. It took a whole month for her to talk to him and started acting like herself. Kyran and dad, they tried to hide that they cried at night, they get up the next morning and act like nothing happened at all. But one night i woke up, i heard kyran crying, i went in his room and held him for a little while, till he calm down, he told me not to tell Melissa. I asked him why, he looked at me saying that he didn't want her knowing cause she will get depressed again and lose dex forever, he need to be strong for her and me. I looked at him, saying that he didn't have to be strong for me, he needed to grieve for losing mom that she will be proud of him.

He needed to go to me next time he feels bad and want to talk to someone. I stayed there that night in his room, holding him while he slept, i love my brother and sister with all my heart. I look at them and laughing "You better tell her yall are sorry and to not make her mad anymore." kryan and dex look at me nodding and going to her room, i hear her yelling and throwing stuff at them. Me and Eli get up and I go to knock on her, open it, i see she has dex on the floor on his stomach with meme sitting on top of him and kryan is under her bed with his head sticking out form under it saying that she is the best sister and that he is sorry. I start laughing, "Hey meme don't beat them up to bad ok and im going to Ana's and staying the night, ill be back in the morning and dad is going to be home in a few minutes, i left twenty- five dollars so yall can get a movie and a pizza for dinner love yall and meme give them hell." I tell her laughing and i hear ky tell me im an asshole for telling her that and he was going to get me when i get home tomorrow from Ana's.

I get to the door and i see dad walking up and smiling at me, i tell him where im going to and ill see him tomorrow morning. I drive up to her house, when i see this man standing outside looking inside the house and he turns around. I get out of my truck and walk to him "Can i help you with something sir?" He turns and smiles "Who are you and what are you doing at my wifes and daughter house, so late?" I just look at him and hold my hand out "Im colton sir, ana's boyfriend, we were suppose to be going out tonight with some friends." He shakes my hand " Ive heard alot about you, colton,have you seen ana and summer they are not here yet and i dont have a key for the house, i was going to surpise them when i got here but they are not here."