iRrItaTIOn

3rd POV

"What are they doing?"

"Sir.... The force field and the wall they built blocks out all magic and spying equipment from our side. It was built by the previous generations of the Faerie Generals."
The soldier stiffened up and awaited the king's thunderous reply.

The Thorn Wall that separated the Light from the Dark was enchanted by the Faeries that built it, if you would want Formidable figure to refer to, the Faerie General: Erza. But then, she was so young then.. Clueless little baby, wee lamb, her mother and grandmother took care of that wall.
Giving up their lives for their country.
It drains them of magic.
Of life.

"Don't give me excuses. GIVE ME RESULTS."
The Vampire king boomed in a murderous tone. He slammed a hand on the armrest and the echo of bone against metal rocketed around the walls of the room.
The soldier shivered in fear and a bead of sweat trickled down his cheek.

"Tell me..." The Vampire king took on a quieter, but dangerous tone.
"What do I do to useless servants..."
I gulped and eyed the pitiful knight with sorry.
His head turned to look at the crowd.
The courtroom looked down onto the floor like it became something of extreme interest.
He turned to me in expectation.
"General Park, answer for the crowd."

"Execution..." I muttered softly, my eyes flitting over to the knight in my division. He squeezed his eyes shut in fear of his fate.

He growled.
"Louder. Tell the world."
His face took on a horrifying grin, laughed rumbled from his throat.
His sharp teeth were revealed to the court, terrifying the knight.

I took a deep breath and lifted my head to face the sombre court. The knight looked down onto the floor in pure fear.
My heart felt like it was wrenched from my chest  when I saw his reaction.

A single tear plopped onto the marble floor.

I closed my eyes and opened them to focus them on the king's.
I grinned and flashed my own sharp canines to the court.
My heart was in pure torture now that I was about to kill my own comrade.

"Execution."

The king smiled in delight, and waved his hand to summon the Head Reaper and Executioner.
Two hooded figures emerged from the  shadows and the H.Reaper looked up me from under her hood.
I looked away from her gaze and clenched the hand holding my bow.
My hand trembled and I gripped it tightly to stop the shaking.

I felt her gaze shift and I returned to the scene.
The H.Executioner raised his axe above the head of the kneeling knight and paused for the king's signal.
He grinned at the H.E and the axe swung down.

I squeezed my eyes shut and heard the horrifying sound of a helmet clanking to the ground, a bloody head rolling around on the ground.
The king cackled and clapped his hands happily in delight.
I opened my eyes, but refused to look at the H.R collecting the soul of the dead soldier. I focused my vision on the cackling king in his Iron Throne that was forged by the trolls of the Dead Forest.
Carved into it, was the Black Star of Purple Embers.
No one knows its powers , not even the King himself.
All lost to the ages, wiped from living memory , is it.

He regained his stoic expression and stepped off his throne.
The heels of his dragon scale boots clacked on the floor as he walked towards the H.R.
She quickly sucked up the rest of his soul by inserting the blade in the fallen body deeper.

The purple wisp of a Vampire soul appeared on the blade as she pulled it out. The king grabbed it and swallowed it whole.
I shuddered at the sight and lowered my visor when I wasn't in his line of vision.
I can't get used to the fact he does it every other day.
I looked up to the black crystal that stood at the highest point of the throne, the purple flame in the crystal grew bigger and flickered gently.

He's getting more powerful by the day.

I shook my head slightly as the King dismissed us all.

I walked out of the court room with the H.R (Head Reaper) and glanced at her over shadowed face. She turned away from me and hid the sparkling rosewood eyes you would catch a glimpse of if you were lucky.
Her hood almost fell off and I quickly pulled it over before anyone caught her.
I hissed at her softly and she bowed in apology.

Reapers weren't allowed to show their faces, it says it brings bad luck.
The King is quite a  believer of these old wives tales.
Decreed that any Reaper that lowered their hoods in the palace would be executed the dawn of the next morning.

"Thank you." She whispered in her chirpy voice that sounded like a little robins.
Well. Nightbird maybe.
I don't know what a robin sounds like,
They don't breed here.
This is the land of Nightbirds, GhoulEaters, Wailing Song birds and Ravens.
We hardly see crows, those are Nightbird prey.
Nightbirds make a bone chilling scream to communicate with each other. Very high pitched chirping.
Like the shrill screams of female war prisoners.

Wait. Let me rephrase that.

Like the song of a dying Augail.
(their cries are supposed to bring death.., it's a myth)

Umm.........

Nah.

Unable to fathom a more pure sentence, I sigh and part ways with the female Reaper. I pat her shoulder gently and motioned to the teleportation area we just built.
Her rosewood eyes flashed a look at acknowledgement at me and she bowed as she stepped into the teleportation area, saying her destination firmly.
"The Western Gates."

She lifted up the edge of her hood  mouthed something quickly before she disappeared completely.

"Goodbye."

I waved back at her disappearing shadow and skulked off to the Head of Army to hand in the day's mission report. Wait, I am the head. I grinned at myself . my stoic mask returned swiftly as I stared out of a nearby window that faced the Enchanted Thorn wall.
Thousands of soldiers marched on the borders, chanting a signature war cry extremely loudly.

Only God can save those wolves now.

________________________________

[Yo! Cerise spent alot time doing this...... THANKS!! Annnd me would like to thank herr...she is like..the editor, author, SUPERWOMAN. Multi-tasker...and well..the best person ever! When I read this, my reaction :O_O (D.O face) cuz I didn't really understand. So after I talked to her and she explained to me. She wrote the chapter by herself. Thanks a lot gurl!! Yehet!]~Author Jae

[Aww....... Ily as a friend Jae, thanks for the credit ^ ^
You're a good author.
(I'm actually calling her now, shes reading a part of a Baekyun fanfic and I'm totally "listening" while writing this.)
Nishinishinishinishi *weird laugh*
Bye!!!!] - Editor Ce