Chapter 16 - All or nothing

Antarktis

The teleporter transmitted us to one place from where about twenty-five metres away the snowmobiles were waiting for us. Asamnek and Araban threw everything on the sleigh in no time, then we started the engines in a row. I had not driven such a vehicle in my life but I always wanted to try it. If nothing else but this had eased the tension a bit. It was only in my head that I could do it and everything would be all right. Both Annunakis had already been sitting on the snowmobile waiting for me to be able to start off. I put on the helmet, sat on the snowmobile and started the third engine, too. Under me, the huge engine was shaking as if it had been made for a race. Araban left first, then Asamnek and finally me.

They were going ahead like a defence shield, behind them I was trying not to fall behind. The snowmobiles were just dashing through everything. There was no mound or bigger slope. As we were approaching the iceberg covering the base, we were breaking the snowpiles ahead of us, one after the other. The cold wind was blowing our faces but the helmets and warm clothes defended us. Basically nothing and nobody could stop us.

Coming to the iceberg, we started to slow down and shortly after we stopped next to each other. Asamnek and Araban had jumped off the snowmobiles and bending down, so as to be smaller, they sneaked to the iceberg, then looking behind from it, they started to observe the base. I did not want to complicate their job so I did the same and soon after the three of us were watching the base where the aliens were packing something in full swing from a helicopter arrived just before.

While we were farther it was not visible because of the iceberg, but now coming closer, the different fighter aircrafts were distinctive, which seemed as if they were just waiting for a deployment. The evil parasites built a secure hideaway in this secluded place, far from the world. "Weeding their nets undisturbed and those who could have prevented not only passively watched, but had also helped them in exchange for profit and alien technology."

'Wow. And how come they it couldn't be seen through the satellites?' I asked quiet and naive.

'You mean the satellites owned by the government?' Araban asked.

'It is not even reaching the brain of the Earthly that anything they could get from these, is only modern and advanced technology for them. The Greys would never be at the mercy of a species like the Homo sapiens. They act as if they were giving, although the really good things are kept to themselves. Human Being would have no chance against the Greys.'

'Hmmm.' I realised. 'Yes, for a moment I've even forgotten. 'And now what?'

'We must get in, but the attention should be diverted as there are too many guards and unwanted individuals.' Araban replied. 'Araban will soon cause them a little surprise.'

'What kind of surprise? What are you preparing for, Araban?' I asked worried as the bad feeling had returned to me again.

'Look and you'll see.' He smiled cynically and in that moment he climbed over the rockes providing shelter.

Araban had sneaked to the prevously unloaded cargo aircraft then looked around thoroughly. When it was clear, he placed something on the engine of the plane. The whole movement was so familiar. Suddenly I had a dejavu feeling and my dream occurred to me. He was not away from us for long, just as in my dream, he returned to us after he had finished. He was trying to be very quick but also remaining unseen. His snow-white clothes hid him well, nobody noticed his airy and soundless movement. As he was lurking again next to us behind the rock, he whispered to me.

'Lie down.'

The next moment a huge explosion shook the ground and I knew in advance what was to come so I jumped up and I had no idea where from I had the power, but I grabbed the two Annunakis and jerked them with myself. Thanks to me, the flow of rock, snow and ice did not bury us under. The new place where from we were observing was not safe for long as the exploded aircraft had started another explosion with the three aircrafts standing next to it, which started another flow of stone and ice. No matter how much I had been trying to change the events, I could not succeeded. Asamnek had pulled me from the ground, then all three of us were running to the hangar.