Chapter 17

Stiles POV

Schools been tough. Everyone is finally finding out about the trial. Scott is under house arrest because I fought back and told them I didn't want to press charges. Since they considered me a minor though I didn't have much say. They're still deciding how long he'll be under house arrest and I think he's being put on probation afterwards.

I shouldn't feel bad. I really shouldn't feel bad.

But I do.

----

People at school are still talking about the picture, about me.

All day I hear "I feel so bad for him." or "He needs to lose weight." or "Stiles got what he deserved." Even a few "Scott shouldn't have been put under house arrest. It's not his fault Stiles is a whore."

It's all just bullshit.

----

"Hey kiddo, how was school?" I looked up at my dad.

"Fine." I replied pushing my dinner around with my fork.

"You doing okay?" He asked.

"Yeah. It's just annoying. Everyone's talking about it."

"It'll pass soon buddy. Finish your dinner, I have to get to work. I love you." He kissed the top of my head.

"I love you too, dad."

As soon as he was gone I got up scraping my food into the garbage can. I sighed rinsing my plate and putting it into the dishwasher when there was a knock on the door.

"Der?" I answered seeing him standing there with flowers. "Aren't you supposed to be in class?" I asked letting him in.

"My teacher cancelled so, I came right over here." He said kissing my cheek.

"I love you." I smiled, taking the flowers to the kitchen.

"Did you eat?" He asked.

"Uh...yeah, finished before you got here." I said hoping he wouldn't hear the lie.

He nodded sitting on the counter.

----

Derek and I sat around for awhile just talking. He had something to eat for dinner, I told myself I wasn't hungry. This was becoming a new thing.

But I'm not hungry, I'm bored.

These girls were right. I am "pudgy" I don't need to eat 24/7. I should workout more.

Derek's phone went off breaking me from my daze. From the sounds of it, it was a pack related issue. I was glad he kept me out of that side of things. At first, I hated it. I wanted to "be pack" you know? But now, I'm just too exhausted to care. I wake up exhausted, I go to bed exhausted, it's a never ending cycle.

I sighed mumbling to Derek about taking a shower seeing him give me a smile so I know he heard me.

I looked in my bathroom mirror after stripping my shirt. I let out a harsh laugh. "Why?" I thought to myself pulling at the skin.

"No, Stiles. You're fine. You're not what they said. You're healthy." I mumbled into my hands as I covered my face.

I gave up and let the tears fall as  stepped into the shower. I leaned my head against the wall trying to calm myself down.

I heard my bathroom door creak open and a small whimper break though the sound of the water.

I felt Derek climb in behind me wrapping himself around me. "Baby, what's wrong?" He asked softly kissing my neck.

I shook my head turning to face him and burying my head into his neck.

"Stiles," He whined. "talk to me." I ignored him letting a sob break out.

He stood there quietly rubbing my back. I pulled away from him smiling sadly. He kissed me, grabbing my shampoo and washing my hair for me.

"You don't need to do that."

"Sometimes, you have to let other people take care of you, Sti." He said kissing my cheek.

"I'm fine, Der."

"I'll pretend like I believe you." He pushed my head back so it was in the stream of the water not saying anything else for the time being.

----

I felt Derek rub my back and kiss my forehead.

"Hi." I mumbled half asleep.

"You gotta get up, babe."

"Don't want to." I groaned.

"I know, come on. I'll drive you." He said pulling me up with himself.

I groaned again. "Can I wear your jacket today?" I asked.

He smiled, "Yeah."

-----

Lydia smiled as I sat down next to her during study hall.

"Hey, babe." She said.

"Hi." I replied resting my head on my hand.

"You okay?"

"I'm tired." I said.

She nodded,  "Did you finish chemistry?"

"Uh, yeah. I think so."

"Help me then." She laughed.

---

"Do you think...that uh..." I sighed seeing the rest of the pack look at me in lunch. "That Derek would let me train...like you guys..?" I asked.

"Why?" Lydia, Isaac, and Erica all said at the same time.

"I was just curious..." I shrugged.

The rest of the pack let it go but Lydia pulled me off to the side when the bell rang for the next period.

"Sti, seriously what's up?" She asked.

I sighed, "I just...I want to change myself. I know that sounds bad but...everyone and I mean everyone knows what I look like and I don't want them too..."

She gave me a sad smile, "Why don't you just come to my gym with me? It's not as harsh as Derek's training."

I nodded, "O-okay."

"But, for the record, you look fine." She kissed my cheek and walked off.

I hate when people lie to me.