Chapter 12: Goodbye Part I

"Elliot, we can't get your brother. The world depends on us right now. We need to save those people out there!" James said.

"Yes but I want to get my brother." I said as I crossed my arms.

"Elli" He sighed as he looked at me with an intense look.

"James, before you say anything I need to tell you something. I need to tell you something" I sighed as I felt the guilt.

I ignored it do too long.

"I remember reading on your dads book, that to stop making robots." I said as I felt a lump.

"I didn't think it a big issue, heck I forgot about it."I stammered as I felt my eyes sting.

"So you knew, you knew this whole time." He said in a low voice, I couldn't look at him anymore.

"And you didn't do anything about it." He whispered as the tension grew thick.

"It's so sad, do you know why?" He asked me, I shook my head.

"Because I still love you." He said in a broken voice as I froze.

What?

"But you hurt me so much." He breathed as he turned the car towards the direction of the court.

"But I'm used to it." His tone changed to cold and distant.

"But even if I ever told you, you wouldn't believe me. What's the point?" I asked him.

"It doesn't hurt to mention that piece of information."He uttered at we stopped by the court.

"You didn't read the diary?" I asked sniffing.

"No, it burned the night I handed the code to Luke." With that I stepped out.

"I don't love you, I still love Luke" I said and regret it.

It was silent for a moment.

He turned towards me with hurt.

"Like I said, I'm used to it" My heart broke at his expression.

"He left James, he left me. I went into a faze where as I forgot about a lot of things. I'm feeling the heartbreak. It's too much." I sobbed.

"And you think I haven't suffered much?"

"No, I had feelings for you." I touched his arm feeling the sparks, and he pulled back.

"You had" He spit out.

"But you were too late!"

"Elliot, I think it's best if we stay away from each other for a while." James said looking away.

It was silent for a moment, as I stared at him.

"Yeah" I finally answered feeling the lump in my throat.

"Good bye Elliot" It felt as if we were never going to see each other.

As if this was the last goodbye.

I sighed as I stepped out and ran towards the court.
*
"Elliot Walters you were too late, the rights of custody was handed over to his guardian, your dad" The clerk told me.

"MY FATHER IS A ABUSIVE BASTARD. LOOK WHAT HE DID TO ME" I showed her my scars, the words pathetic imprinted on my skin.

"He did this?" She said shocked as I nodded furiously.

"We need to call 911, your brother is in danger!" I turned around and took a cab.

I really need to buy a car.

By the time I reached the house I heard a bang.
I took off leaving five bucks on the cab.

Then I used the familiar window to get in the house.

"You useless son of a b***!" My dads voice slurred as I arrived and see the scene fold under my eyes.

My dad was holding a bat over Brandon.

But Brandon's skin was sickly white and pale as he lay there on the floor.

He was beaten and battered. He was also clutching his head.

I then did something that made me feel really better, I punched my dad in the face.

He reached out to grab me but I kicked in the nuts.

He fell on the floor and I turned towards Brandon.

It was silent.

The police sirens surrounded the house, but I remained where I was.

I kneed down to Brandon.

"Brandon" My voice shook as I hold his bleeding head to my chest. He reached for my hand.

I grabbed it and squeezed it.

He was cold.

"It's okay, everything is going to be okay." He stared at me and smiled. I however was crying, I failed him.

I failed my own brother.

His dimple showed as he gave me a smile.

It was a painful smile.

"What ever happens to me, Ell I love you. You where the best mom slash dad I ever had."

His eyes shifted as he stared at nothing. It was quiet as I was shocked.

Everything was distant, while the door bursts open as the cops came tumbling in.

But my main focus was on him.

"If I could change anything I wouldn't, I forgive you" His eyes rolled on the back of his head.

His grip on my hand fell.

My heart stopped.

"NOOO!" I shouted as they took him and placed him on the bed.

"Ms.Walters he is not going anywhere, you may go in the car with him" I nodded as my body shook with tears.

This may be a goodbye for Brandon.

*
Meanwhile MR.JAMES MONROES POINT OF VIEW

Will be next chapter:)

Anyways....

I told you you will become bipolar.

COMMENT down, idk anything. Just need to feel the love and inspiration.

VOTE for faster updates

And uh follow if you want to:)