Chapter 18: The End

I smiled sadly as the feeling of dread filled me, I watched as everyone walked in wearing black.
I was also wearing black.

Brandon

I stood feeling the fresh tears fall down, this wasn't supposed to happen. This was supposed to be a happy ending, not a sad one.

Not all stories have a happy ending.

I watched as people told me that everything is going to get better, and give me those pity looks.

I felt someone squeeze my hand and looked up to meet dark green eyes.

James

He was there for me this whole time. Surely we just got married, the doctors told me he will make nearly a hundred percent recovery.

They lied.

He smiled a little with concern, and I squeezed out hands.

I'm okay.

But that didn't help the lump in my throat grow. I saw my father in handcuffs staring at Brandon's picture with sadness and I nearly scoffed.

I hated him.

"This is a Funeral for the innocent Brandon Walters, who has recently received death" Siri spoke in robotic voice.

I felt so damn guilty, I felt like I failed my brother.

"Mr.Walters would like to say some things" I refrained myself from killing him.

"Son, I'm sorry I am so damn sorry. I wasn't the best father for her, I was a monster towards you and your sister. I lost your mother, I felt like a part of me was gone. But I had you guys, and I took out my anger towards you both. I just want forgiveness, and I promise I won't do anything to hurt you both anymore." He looked at me but I didn't look up. I wanted to ask him, why didn't you say that when he was alive. It is too late now for forgiveness.

The lump grew bigger by the second.

No one clapped as he sat down, he looked different, because usually he would have this crazy look in his eyes, while he was always drunk.

"Mrs.Monroe would like to say some things." I stood up with shaky legs and walked up. I felt a tear slide down and wiped it.

"Dear my little brother,
I miss you,
I remember the time where I always had to tie your shoes because you didn't know how to do it.
I miss you
I remember how we would purposely make cake for mom.
All the times we had together, they are now memories.
But memories can also be forgotten, but I, I will never forget you.
I miss you, little brother.

I love you, always have. I always will. I hope you will forgive me, because I never came on time." I felt the lump grow as my eyes became glossy.

"Alright, now anyone else?" Siri spoke aloud.

"Me" James stood up and walked next to me and took my hand.

"Brandon, I wanted to say I didn't know You that much, because our relationship as fresh. But that doesn't mean any less. I will work every day working for your sisters forgiveness, i will give her what ever she wants. I promise you that from now all I will take care of your sister." James finished.

It felt as if his persistence was there as he spoke,"Thats all I could ever ask for."

Maybe this was a sad ending, maybe it is not.

Because now a new future awaits.

I didn't glance at Alfred as he sat on a chair.

Wearing a pigeon suit.
*
The End

Planning on making another book, with Brandon but mythical.