01

Her hands shake violently and the knife slips lower and lower before it tumbles to the floor, the dampness of the forest disguising the noise. Muttering a quiet curse, the girl bends down to grab it, her blue hair helping guide the snarling beasts. Their paws dance around the twigs and rocks while they focus their sharp gaze on the teenage girl.

A small howl soars through the night, and the wolves find themselves stuck between helping their pack and attacking the girl. A large grey wolf leaves first, followed by the rest except for one. The beta stands tall, watching the girl whimper with pain. She throws her head back with a cry of sadness, seemingly unaware of the attention she's drawing. The beta moves his paw over a tree root, no more than three feet away from his next victim. Suddenly she tenses, her hand gripping harder on the knife.

She says nothing to acknowledge the wolf, but looks in the direction of the quiet growls. The beta wastes no more time in jumping from the underbrush with his jaws open wide. He latches his teeth around the girl's waist and yanks his head back, ripping the flesh straight off. Blood seeps out of the wound and the girl cries out, dropping to her knees. The wolf charges once again, raising its claws for the kill. The girl's blurry vision faintly shows the trace of the beast, yet she still swings the blade, dragging it along the wolf. She doesn't know where it was sliced, but the wolf goes down without another sound. Dead.

Blood escapes the girl's mouth as she coughs, bending over. A small sound, like a mix between a huff and snort, echoes tauntingly behind her. She doesn't move, waiting for her life to end. Her vision sways around as she falls to her side, her eyes staring ahead, unblinking. She can barely see a muddy, sandy blonde wolf dip its head in front of her. Its so close that she can feel its breath. Her breathing heavies as the pain worsens and she opens her mouth to scream, but nothing escapes.

The wolf nudges her, huffing. She doesn't move, just lets her eyes droop shut. A frantic whimper escapes the animal, and she can tell that this werewolf's wolf instinct is controlling it. A tinge of fear enters her heart but she inhales deeply, calming herself. I can finally escape this world, she thinks with happiness.

The sound of bones breaking invades the girl's ears and soon she feels herself being lifted. Winds slips through her tank top and she shivers, wondering when she'll be killed. "Mate," a rough voice growls. Her breathing falters at this and she stills, wanting badly to scream to her family, or to fight the man carrying her.

Her body numbs a minute later, and she can no longer feel blood escaping her body, or any pain. "Mate." The word is growled again and she feels the man speed up, protecting her from all the plants in the forest. She gasps, her head falling back as discomfort rushes through her. Slowly her sense of awareness fades and she leaves herself vulnerable to a monster.

He watches his mate with intense eyes, letting out quiet snarls at her injuries. He was supposed to protect her, his wolf instinct shames. I don't need to protect anyone but myself, his human side argues. His hands clench into fists and the glass he's holding breaks. The girl gasps, her eyes flying open at the shattering scream of the glass. Her head snaps over to him and she drops her jaw.

"Who are you?" she asks, sinking back into the bed as pain overcomes her. He gives her a sinister smile, his cold eyes sending fear through her.

"Who are you?" he fires back, his deep voice jumbling his words to make them hard to understand.

"You know who I am," she whispers, closing her eyes. The man gets a jolt of fear and his hands burn to touch her, his wolf scared for its mate. Anger rises in him at the feelings, and he decides he hates feeling that way; weak.

"I know what you are, hunter. That's not what I was asking."

"You give me an answer, I give you one." He glares at the girl, his hate for her growing stronger.

"ANSWER!" he roars, his fury consuming him. She flinches, knowing that the life she was born into has caused her lots of enemies.

"Micky," she chokes, her voice trembling as she scooches her way to the other side of the bed. She grits her teeth as a stabbing pain comes from her wound, but she continues moving, inch by inch. He stills, his nostrils flaring at her answer.

"Assassin." She hears the loath in his voice and bites her lip, but nods. He fights his wolf instinct to grab her and do everything with her.

"Can I get an answer now?" Micky's voice is soft for she fears angering him. This man kidnapped her, and she has witnessed him freak out over nothing. He scares her, she admits to herself with shame. She shouldn't fear this wolf. She's a hunter for goodness sakes!

He stands up and walks to the door, his jeans rustling with every step he takes. "Lucifer." Then he slams the door and thuds down the hall. Micky's breath becomes caught in her throat at this new information, and tears well up in her eyes. She forces them down, telling herself that she is strong.

"Alpha rogue." The words roll off her tongue, sounding foreign. She mutters the name he's been given throughout the whole werewolf and hunter community. "Dangerous," she then adds. Scary, she declares to herself.

Micky slips her legs off the bed, then slowly leans herself on her forearm and stands up. She shouts out with pain, falling backwards onto the bed. Since her legs are still a foot or so from the bed, she starts sliding forward, landing in a heap on the hard wood floor. Micky curls up, crying out and grabbing her waist where she was bit. She squeezes her eyes tight, afraid of tears slithering out.

The door bangs open and Lucifer sprints in, running to where his mate is. He smells blood and once again he is filled with fear. He picks her up with trembling arms, his wolf now almost completely in control. Blood reeks from her body and he lays Micky on the bed, throwing open his bedside table's drawer to get the medical kit. He removes the previous bandages to see that the wound has opened and the stitches are loosely holding the skin together. Blood gushes from the wound and Lucifer quickly ties string onto the needle before grabbing the skin and holding it together.

Micky's cries make it hard for Lucifer to work and when he's halfway done, she's screaming so loud he almost forgets what he's doing. "SILENCE!" he thunders. As Lucifer continues, he notices Micky's lip start to bleed with how hard she's biting it and occasionally she whimpers. A tear falls out of her eye and she sniffles as Lucifer finishes.

Wrapping a new bandage around her, Lucifer removes the blood stained shirt he loaned to her, leaving Micky completely exposed to him. Her eyes flutter closed and Lucifer stops to trail his eyes around her body. She's too skinny, he thinks angrily.

Making his way down to the kitchen, he starts making food for when Micky wakes up. When the lasagna is almost done cooking, Lucifer starts to grow angry that a petty girl, a hunter none the less, has already got him doing something nice for her. He snatches the food out of the oven without even using mitts, and slams it on the floor. The pan shatters and food coats the ground. Lucifer ignores the mess he just made and storms upstairs to his room. She can starve for all I care, Lucifer thinks to himself. In fact, I hope she does.

Hello! Hope you enjoyed! :)

I have not planned this story in advance (which I probably should) so if certain things don't add up or I stated something different in a previous chapter, feel free to tell me.

Now here comes the part I swear is required: IF YOU STEAL ANY PART OF THIS I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND YOU WILL END UP LIKE MICKY! Enough said ;)

Now that the fun part is over, comment and vote please! It would mean everything to me. Any type of feedback is appreciated, as long as it's not over the top rude to myself or anyone else. I love constructive criticism, but you don't have to be rude to tell me what I could do a better job at. Please excuse my mistakes; I am, after all, just human.

And to end this long author's note: Stay beautiful *inserts heart emoji* I love you all! -Sierra