08

"I found something." It's the first time Micky has talked to Lucifer in two days. Grayson still lives in the house along with the new guy, Elliot, who Grayson has taken quite the liking to. Any chance he gets to make Elliot feel uncomfortable, Grayson takes.

Lucifer shrugs. "Great. Put it in the pile of things labeled 'I don't care'." Micky purses her lips and forces a smile.

"And where would that be? Over your pile of useless shit or behind the door of fucks I don't give?" Micky purses her hands together and bats her eyelashes as Lucifer looks up and snarls.

"It's actually over in my torture chamber; want me to walk you there?" A giggles from Grayson is heard from down the hallway and Micky bites her lip. Not the time, Grayson.

Micky sighs and walks to Lucifer's desk. She bends down slightly to place her arms on the table, staring directly into Lucifer's eyes. "It serious." Lucifer raises his eyebrows, grinning slightly. His wolf side makes him almost fall into a trance at his mate's beautiful face. Not beautiful, Lucifer tells himself. Horrendous.

"I spotted a note near the front door as I was making breakfast, so I went to go pick it up." Micky unfolds the paper and tosses it on Lucifer's desk, pulling away from it. "Read it." Lucifer feels agitation gnaw at his insides at the commands of his mate, but he does what he is told.

Does it feel good to have a mate to torment, Lucifer? Do you torture her the whole night through? Hold on tight, because at the last shine of light, Snow White will return and you will burn.

Lucifer can feel his body stiffen as his wolf instinct lets a loud roar howl through the air. Micky flinches backwards slightly, digging her nails into her palms. "I'll kill them," he rages, throwing his chair into the wall. "I'LL KILL THEM ALL!" Micky shakes in her spot, whimpering as she's almost hit with something. Grayson, still in the hall, creeps towards Lucifer's office. He opens the door and grabs Micky by the hand, ducking from Lucifer's laptop and running to the front door. Elliot stands waiting at the front door and pushes both of them out before slamming the door. Together they run, praying to not get caught-but soon Lucifer follows. Mate, he growls. Mate.

Micky's the first one to go back home. As she nears, Lucifer stands in the kitchen and watches, taking deep breaths. He tries to calm himself, but watching his innocent little mate, and picturing what might happen to her, nearly sends him over the edge. He grabs his coffee mug with shaking hands and growls, taking sips of his drink.

Micky walks through the door and bolts up the stairs, only to be stopped by Lucifer's deep voice. "Finally back, assassin." Micky grits her teeth as Lucifer takes a long sip. She isn't very scared of him anymore; she knows that he won't hurt her unless his wolf comes out.

"Yep." Micky almost slaps herself for that response and blushes hard. Lucifer laughs, his heart warming slightly as he sees her pink face.

"Come here." His voice loses all its humor. Micky cringes at the command and bites her tongue, sauntering over. She plops down in the chair next to him and looks at the wall awkwardly. Lucifer reaches his hand forward to grab her chin and stop the shaking. His whole body relaxes at the touch and he sets down his coffee. "Don't run from me, mate."

Micky is tired of the whole 'mate' thing. Rolling her eyes, Micky responds, "Got it, mate." Lucifer shivers at her words, then growls at her mocking tone. Mates are serious; her tone isn't.

"Do not make fun of me." Micky nods. Lucifer turns her head towards his and leans in, brushing his teeth against her ear. Micky's breath hitches and Lucifer almost forgets what he's doing. His wolf instinct begs him to mate her. He himself doesn't mind that thought either. "Mate."

Micky watches the television, sneaking glances at Lucifer every so often. Elliot and Grayson aren't back yet, and Micky wonders if they ever will return. Lucifer smirks, feeling Micky's gaze on him. Pride bursts through his chest because he knows his mate finds him attractive. He feels the same. However, he pushes all those thoughts away. Love is weakness; Lucifer refuses to be weak.

"I would prefer for you to watch the television, rather than me." Micky blushes and turns away.

"I wasn't watches you," she excuses. "I was watching the vase." Micky sinks down in the couch cushions and covers her face.

"It does try to fly away quite often," Lucifer laughs. Micky watches him while biting her lip before clearing her throat.

"I thought it ran." Her horrible attempt at a joke makes both of them crack up. Lucifer's laugh echoes through the house and Micky clutches her stomach.

"Leave the humor to me, babe." Micky smiles at the nickname and nods. Maybe this won't be so bad.

"Hello?" Micky asks, looking around her front porch. The doorbell was rung however no one is in sight.

"It's me," Elliot answers, heading around the side of the house. "I thought it might be Lucifer." Micky rolls her eyes as Grayson bounds out behind Elliot. His giggling makes Micky's lips pull up into a small grin.

"Even if it was, what would he do?"

"I don't know...Maybe rip out my throat and hang it up as a dream-sorry nightmare-catcher. It would probably make him sleep better, you know," Elliot jokes. They all laugh and soon Micky ushers them inside. She spots the ripped up note by the carpet and swallows, batting it away from her with her foot. She smiles and acts like nothing is happening, but Elliot knows better. Grayson just looks around the house, his eyes zeroing in on a cup of unfinished coffee. He squeals and bolts towards it.

"Just for me!" He smells Lucifer's scent on it but shakes his hips and swishes it down.

"That wasn't for you, actually," Lucifer snaps from the top of the stairs. That was his.

"Whoops." Grayson smirks and shakes his head, taking the final sip. Lucifer rolls his eyes and walks down the stairs, stepping besides Micky. He doesn't hate the girl anymore; just dislikes her.

"Why did you let them in?" Lucifer crosses his arms while Micky places her hand on her hip.

"I'm not going to trap my friends out of their own house, sorry babe." Lucifer feels a sliver of annoyance but just sighs.

"If either of them come near my room, I might put the nightmare-catcher idea into action," he mutters, his eyes shifting to Elliot who clears his throat awkwardly.

"Got it." Micky gives a thumbs up.

"Good." Lucifer heads back up the stairs but stops at the top, adding, "Mate." He smirks.

Here it is! I wrote two chapter today since I went to work with my dad :) Hope you guys like it! Feedback is greatly appreciated! And over 3k reads??!! Thanks so much!!!

Stay gorgeous! -Sierra