06

Micky pulls an arrow out of her bag and puts it into the bow, her eyes filling with despair. Lucifer watches her nose flare in and out slightly and how her puckered lips draw in short breaths. He feels his patience thinning and he takes a step towards his mate, pulling his lips back to bare his teeth. His feet prance around in agitation and he moves in front of Micky. He just want to kill the animal when she misses, he excuses. Goodness knows she'll do that again.

A rush of air passes Lucifer's right ear and he shivers in excitement as the animal falls down. Micky, however, takes a step back, trying to get out of what feels like a sealed box. She hates this, she thinks to herself, creasing her eyebrows and swallowing. Her lips shake as Lucifer claws open a side of the dead deer, looking up at her while eating. He's mocking her, she figures, and it's making her angry.

She turns away and starts walking off into the other direction. Lucifer's head snaps up at the crunching of dried leaves, his eyes focusing on the escaping girl. He no longer feels alone; like he is the only one stuck in a world crueler than Hell. So as they walk back, Lucifer stands closer to the fragile girl because maybe, just maybe, she understands.

"Don't get mud on my floor," Lucifer mutters. He shakes his head as Micky almost stamps the woven rug then steps back, a sheepish look on her face.

"Right," she murmurs. "Shoes go by the front door." Lucifer grabs Micky's wrist and drags her up the stairs not a second after her shoes are neatly placed by the front door. Dread fills Micky's body and she jerks herself, trying to get away from the iron grip. Lucifer pushes her into a room, angry that he let his emotions take control, even if it was just for a few hours. He pulls the door shut as Micky's mouth opens to shout at him. This time he doesn't lock her door though. He locks his own.

His eyes watch her as she sleeps, and the man shivers in delight as Micky's eyes flutter open. She knows someone is watching her; she can feel it. Her eyes peer through her window and land on a man with the same eyes; the same eyes of the wolf she saw yesterday. Giving a light smirk, he turns around and saunters in the other direction, plunging his hands into his pockets. His body sways as he walks, the alcohol from earlier making him a little tipsy. His glazed eyes flash in Micky's head and she breathes in a shaky breath. "A wolf doesn't stray far from the pack," she whispers, her shaky hands grabbing her sheets. "He'll be back."

Micky almost screams as the door opens, whipping around to face Lucifer with a terrified expression. Without any weapons she's vulnerable, and she definitely knows it. Her wide, wild eyes and open mouth confuse Lucifer and he pulls his lips into a thin line, remembering why he came in. "Who will be back?" his rough voice asks, soothing Micky's fast heart rate. She shakes her head back and forth rapidly, her eyes widening and her hair falling over her face. "It wasn't actually a question." Lucifer's sarcastic remark makes Micky freeze for a second; isn't he normally really serious? First he lets her have freedom, then tries being sarcastic. Micky's confusion builds to an extremely high level.

"I don't know his name," she tells him. Her usually high-pitched, sweet voice is now at a trembling, low whisper. A hint of protectiveness crawls from his feet to his upper body and a small shaking takes over Lucifer's body.

"Describe him to me," he demands. This is his land. His instinct forces him to add, and his mate.

"Um, he had silver eyes, dark hair that was shaved on both sides but not in the middle," she struggles to describe his hair and the rest of him. She just remembers his eyes. His cold, cold eyes. "He was probably a little bit shorter than you, but he wore jeans and a grey V-neck. Oh, and he had a scar underneath his left eye." Lucifer's nostrils flare and Micky cowers back as she notices his red eyes and claws.

"Alpha," he growls lowly. He bends over and grips the door handle, fur starting to coat his body. "ALPHA!" He roars this time, loud for all to hear. He finally shifts with a loud crack and runs over through the door. The sound of glass breaking fills the tense house as Lucifer runs out the door. You are not my Alpha anymore, he snarls in his mind. A low chuckle sounds through the forest sounding like it is coming from all angles. Lucifer stops and huffs, listening intently.

"You called?" Maybe his brain just made it up, Lucifer thinks as he comes back into control and looks around. Because nobody's there.

"You need a pack." Lucifer tenses and turns around with a glare.

"I don't need anyone." The harshness rips though the house and it's quiet for a second. Of course you do; everybody need's someone. Micky mentally rolls her eyes.

"Then why do you keep me around?" Lucifer narrows his eyes and grits his teeth.

"I don't need anyone," he repeats. Micky looks at him disbelievingly. "Remember that." He walks up to his room. Running away from his problems, once again.

Lucifer leaves late at night, sucking up all of his pride because he knows his mate is right. She is the target, and his wolf will go crazy without her. One person, he promises. Just a bodyguard for the weak assassin. So he goes out in the middle of the night to find a wolf that would be brave enough to step around his land. As the sun starts to come up, Lucifer finds the wolf, prancing around through Lucifer's land and the pack next door's. He knows that this is the wolf. This wolf will be his "pack."

As Micky sits down for breakfast with a bowl of cereal, the door swings open and Lucifer enters, but this time he isn't alone. He walks into the kitchen and stands by across from Micky, the new man following with an amused grin.

"You want a pack? Here it is." He shoves the man around the corner and Micky gasps as he falls forwards, almost onto her lap.

"Wow, seems like I'm already falling for you, princess." He winks while Lucifer growls, taking a large step forwards. He may not like the girl but she is his. He stands up with wild eyes focused on the girl in front of him. Lucifer watches, his eyes surely tainted red. Anger stirs in Lucifer's stomach and he promises that next time he tries something like that, his wrecked body will be left on Lucifer's doorstep. The man bows and Micky watches with furrowed eyebrows. "My name is Grayson; at your service, my lady."

Here is the next chapter! How do you feel so far about Grayson? He is my favorite character of all time and I think you guys will see why in the next few chapters.

Anyways, thank you so much for reading and to all of the people that have voted. I mean, almost 1k reads and 66 likes???!! THANK YOU!!! :)

Stay beautiful! -Sierra