14

"I don't like it," Gabriel states blankly, walking down the stairs. The light chatter stops and all eyes focus on the unhappy man.

"Tough," Micky responds, standing up from the couch. She brushes off her pants from the tiny bit of dust the couch gave off.

"Respect me!" Gabriel's voice is harsh and demanding, even though Micky is a higher rank. He comes from a bloodline of Alpha's, and he's very touchy when it comes to respect.

"Respect is earned." Micky folds her hands and slips past Lucifer. Lucifer's insides warm at the fact that his mate is sticking up for herself and a small smile finds a place on his face. However, his hand twitches as his old friend growls at his mate. He returns the action, causing Gabriel to suck in a sharp breath and lower his head.

"I became a rogue to get away from pack life; once again I have been imprisoned." Gabriel leaves without another word. Micky re-enters after hearing that.

"Wait! I'm sorry!" Micky catches up to Gabriel and puts a hand on his back. "I am stressed because of the move, and hearing any complaining is pushing me to the point of snapping. I am sorry." She wraps her hands around Gabriel, and Gabriel rests his hand on top of a smaller one. He gives a small nod.

"Please be careful with what you say to me. I may not have a rank in this pack, but my wolf will always be an Alpha." Lucifer's glare on Gabriel's hand loosens and his heart clenches.

"That can be changed." The pair freezes, and Lucifer's eyes stare at them without any hint of emotion. "I will be watching the pack and picking who I think would be the best Beta and Third-in-Command. Watch also, mate, because you will be giving your input. This Friday will be the ceremony." Everyone is frozen in shock, their eyes following Lucifer as he picks up his mate and carries her upstairs. No one says a word, and Micky doesn't hear anything even as she nears her destination.

Gabriel waits downstairs while his insides tingle. He needs to win a spot. He is not lower than anyone here; not with his blood. However, he's not the only one who wants a spot. Sheldon glares openly at the cocky man, not a single attempt of trying to cover up the competitiveness in sight.

"We will fight," Sheldon states. "And one will not make it out alive." He turns to walk up the stairs, shoving his shoulder into Gabriel's higher back. Gabriel snorts as his eyes follow Sheldon's retreating figure.

"Glad to know that you are already accepting your loss," Gabriel sneaks in before Sheldon slams his door shut. He doesn't get a response, but a snarl can be faintly heard because of the still members in the room. No one moves.

Lucifer drops Micky off on a soft bed, and her foot wraps in the dark brown comforter. She lets out a small giggle as Lucifer plops down next to her and she flies up a few inches off the bed.

"I think you need to lose a few pounds, Lucy." Lucifer's head whips over to his mate and he bares his teeth at her.

"I do not need to lose any weight," he snaps. "And my name is Lucifer."

"I do not appreciate you using that tone with me." Micky eyes trail to find her mates', and she holds his stare. "And Lucy is cute! Lucifer makes you sound like you're the Devil reincarnated, but you aren't. You have a heart. It may be deep, deep, deep down under the layers of flub, but it's there." Her teasing tone almost distracts Lucifer and he has to bite his lip to hold back a laugh. A scowl soon takes over his features.

"Lucifer." He grabs Micky and pins her against the bed. His eyes don't darken, and Micky realizes that she can mess around with him.

"Lucy. Lucy baby." Micky laughs when Lucifer's grip tightens and his fangs elongate.

"I'll show you just how much of a man I can be." Micky lets out a squeal and Lucifer moves off of her and grips the end of his shirt. He starts to lift it off and Micky turns away, swatting her arms at Lucifer wildly.

"Stop, Lucy! Stop!" Lucifer laughs and pulls his shirt over his head. He grabs his belt and slips a finger in to undo it. "I AM BEING ASSAULTED!" Everyone hears Micky's cry for help and rushes up to where she is, Sheldon throwing the door open. Gabriel and Sheldon jump on Lucifer and pin him down while Anaya leads a group of others to form a wall in front of Micky. Micky is bent over from laughing so hard while Lucifer's instinct pushes through as he feels threatened. His eyes darken and his claws elongate. He claws at both men and they hiss as they are scratched.

"Stop!" Micky calls out. "We were messing around!" She can't help but laugh as everyone looks confused. "Lucy doesn't like my new nickname so he decided to bring out his inner stripper." More than half of the group laughs, but Gabriel and Sheldon still stand on alert, feeling their wounds heal. Lucifer stands up with a small glare but his eyes are the normal color.

"I guess you just bring out the wild side in me," Lucifer responds sarcastically. He's happy; he can feel himself returning to the Lucifer before everything happened. He is being healed-Micky's taming the beast.

"I agree; you have been seeming more enthusiastic recently," Gabriel jokes, but there is a slight truth behind his words. Micky laughs and everyone follows. This is what a pack feels like, Lucifer remembers. This feels like home.

This chapter is a little shorter than normal, but I just feel that this is the place to stop it. I'm sorry that my chapters are short!

Anyways, I once again want to thank everyone who reads, comments, and votes. All the support means so much to me! AND WE HIT 700 LIKES????? HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE? THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I love you all so so so so so so so much! Hopefully you return the love ;) -Sierra