20

"Cherry or raspberry?" Lucifer asks, his hands resting on the ice chest.

"Cherry." Lucifer pulls the plastic handle and picks the drink up, water droplets wetting his hand.

"One for you," his deep voice says. "And one for me. Bottoms up!" Micky takes a sip after Lucifer takes one, her eyes watching him intently.

"Why do act like it's a joke?"

"Joshua's life was a joke, so why isn't his death as well?" Micky grinds her teeth together, her nostrils flaring at Lucifer's words. Now that Lucifer is more open with her, she understands the full extent of his brain and harsh thoughts. He doesn't have a filter. Lucifer takes in his mate's image with a small grin, happiness crawling through his body. Micky doesn't say a word.

"Are you still mad at me, mate?" Lucifer hovers over Micky and swipes his tongue over his bottom lip. "My view isn't going to change on this topic; we both know that. You've had time to mourn your loss, as have I, so let it go." With his final words, Micky closes her eyes. Lucifer tries to pick her up but Micky flinches backwards.

"I will stay here and you will not touch me. Are we clear?" Micky blazing eyes glare directly at Lucifer who nods his head. He bites his lip to hold back a smile and a comment that might pour gasoline right on top of the fire. Instead, Lucifer reaches out to grab Micky's drink and stick it back into the ice chest and then he lies down on their bed, staying on his own side. As Micky's breathing evens out though, Lucifer rolls over and pulls his mate closer to him. His body relaxes and a devilish smirk takes over his face. Now he'll wait until his kitten's claws come out.

"LUCIFER! I SPECIFICALLY TOLD YOU NOT TO TOUCH ME, DIDN'T I? SO WHY ARE YOUR ARMS AROUND ME? WHY ARE THEY EVEN CLOSE TO ME?" Since Micky's body is still pretty weak, she can't escape Lucifer's hold but she can definitely voice her opinion on the situation.

"I don't recall," Lucifer smirks, his eyes opening. His brain is fuzzy, not quite able to comprehend the anger his mate holds. He's clouded by love and happiness, and no other emotions can overtake what he's feeling. He won't go back to feeling what he did before; never.

"Let me refresh your memory then," Micky snaps, slowly scooting as far away from Lucifer as she can while still being tight in his grip. "Do not touch me." Micky expects for Lucifer to remove his hands but crosses her arms when he doesn't. She stares at Lucifer until he finally loosens his grip enough for her to slide out.

"Are you hungry?" Lucifer sighs. A small nod is all he gets. "What do you want, love?" Lucifer can't stop it; his arms twitch, wanting so bad to be caressing her skin. He moves closer and wraps his arms around Micky stomach, only for her to smack his hands. He doesn't budge.

"I want you to leave me alone," Micky huffs. "A sandwich sounds good as well." Lucifer laughs and Micky's heart rate speeds. She closes her eyes and captures the sound, her anger fading away at the simple gesture.

"Coming right up." Lucifer picks Micky up and wraps her legs around his waist. She fits so well in his grip that despite the weak protests he is receiving, he holds her close. Micky stops complaining after about 30 seconds and relaxes, pressing her cheek to Lucifer's warm, shirt-covered chest.

"It was wrong of you to be so cruel," Micky murmurs as Lucifer sets her down on the couch and turns on the TV.

"Not in my mind, but if it makes you feel better, I apologize." Micky can't stay mad at Lucifer; not because of her feelings for him, but because she has a pack to rule alongside him. She smiles lightly.

"That's all I wanted to hear, Lucy." Lucifer turns around and growls, a piece of ham in his right hand. His eyes tint as playful anger shows. Micky smirks at him then bites her lip. "Keep working."

"As the Alpha, I will not take orders from you." Lucifer puts down the slice of ham and slowly walks towards Micky in a predator-like style.

"As Alpha Female, I demand that you listen to my input," Micky throws forward in a playful yet strong tone.

"That's not the only thing you're going to be demanding, princess." Lucifer's warm breath causes Micky to shiver but her gaze stays locked with his.

"Were you always this perverted?" Micky's eyebrows raise.

"Not always. I guess you just bring out the best and worst of me." Lucifer pushes her to a laying position on the couch. Micky swats at him.

"I will not have sex on a couch that's in the middle of an open living room. Now get off of me; I'm hungry."

"I was hoping you would say that," Gabriel says from the bottom of the stairs. His blank stare shows an ounce of humor, but quickly he tenses and shoves his hands into his pockets. Lucifer sits up and growls at Gabriel who just looks on with disapproval. "Never mind." With that, Gabriel turns and walks up the stairs, his stomach aching for food.

"You can stay," Micky calls. "Lucifer will just finish my sandwich and we will eat upstairs. We won't disturb you, I promise."

"Don't make promises you can't keep," Lucifer mutters. Gabriel just keeps on walking. "What happened to you?" His question is directed at Gabriel who pauses.

"What do you mean?"

"You used to be... different."

"You're not the only one who has a harsh past. The difference is I know of yours; you missed my golden time." No one speaks another word until the sound of a door closing from upstairs is heard.

"A harsh past, huh?" Micky's eyes travel to Lucifer's guarded ones. She doesn't receive a response. "I would say mine is too, but it's not bad compared to others. Yours included, I'm assuming."

"You were treated like a queen, Micky. Your past is a fucking fairytale compared to mine." Lucifer's eyes cloud with anger, this time not the playful kind. His stomach turns as he looks into his mate's eyes. He tries to remind himself that he shouldn't be mad, but that just fuels the anger even more.

"A fairytale," Micky whispers to herself, looking down. "At least you had a choice when you murdered people."

"I lived on my own. You will not tell me I had a choice because if I left even one of those people alive, I would be dead or dying. They wanted me dead. They wanted to destroy me. I had no choice; stop bringing up my past. Stop being so... Micky."

"Okay," Micky says. "You had a bad past and killed people. Same to me. Yours may be worse than mine."

"Your scars are internal," Lucifer snaps. "Those can heal. One of mine is engraved on my body, reminding me of what I went through every single day. I can't escape it or try to heal; my body has healed as much as it can." Micky stays silent for a few seconds, twiddling her thumbs.

"Show me," she breathes. Lucifer looks at the floor then takes his shirt off. He turns so his back is facing Micky. She gasps at the sight and reaches her hand out to trace the picture. It's jagged and ugly, but holds so many meanings and words. "He represents strength and leadership, doesn't he?" Lucifer nods. "I can tell the wolf's an Alpha. It looks like you."

Sorry it's been a longer wait than usual for this chapter. I've been busy, but I managed to sit down and write today. Hope you enjoyed! Please vote, comment, and share! Love, Sierra