12

"Elliot, Grayson, and Oscar, you will be hunting on the East side. Anaya, Micky, and Caroline, take the North. Damien, Payton, and Lucy, take the West. Shelly and I will take the South." Lucifer's voice booms over the silence of his pack. His posture reeks of power and he never once thinks about lowering his chin for anyone, even his pack.

"It's Sheldon," a man snaps, "Not Shelly." Micky giggles and looks over at him.

"Shelly sells sea shells by the sea shore," Micky laughs. He raises his middle finger to her and Lucifer bites back a snarl. Instead, he smirks and waits for the groups to form. The extra pack members head to the kitchen and start making breakfast for everyone.

"This looks delicious," Lucifer comments, staring down at plates full of food. Anaya looks over with a small grin.

"It is." She lifts up her fork that is dripping with syrup. She stuffs the pancake into her mouth and groans. "I forgot just how good." Micky's eyes narrow slightly but she pushes away the jealousy and dives in. Her eyes close as the whipped cream hits her tongue and she shifts in her chair. She hasn't even swallowed before she cuts another piece of her pancake and scarfs it down. Lucifer watches everyone eat before realizing he hasn't even touched his food. He cuts his food neatly, piles strawberries and syrup on, then eats slowly to savor the taste.

"You," Lucifer points at Anaya's mom, "Are the new chef." The woman bows her head.

"I am glad to be of service to you, Alpha." Lucifer nods his head and continues to eat.

"Is there anyone in particular we are looking for?" Lucifer shakes his head while wiping his mouth on a clean napkin.

"No. Just round up anyone who looks to be younger than 55 and older than 15. We need a lot more people, so don't let anyone get away." Everyone nods. They are all going to "grow the pack." Lucifer is also going to hunt for a bigger house later. His house won't keep everyone if the pack grows like he wants it to.

"Actually, I want Micky with me." Micky looks over with confusion.

"Why?" Does he think she can't handle herself?

"No reason." The lie rolls off Lucifer's tongue, holding back the real response; protection.

"I can take care of myself, and Sheldon would much rather go with you. I will stay with my girls." Micky looks over at her group and grins. Lucifer opens his mouth to argue but soon closes it to grit his teeth. He doesn't want to cause a scene.

"Okay." The answer throws tension into the air as everyone finishes eating. Micky gulps back her food, her mind clouding with thoughts. Is he angry? Will she be able to do my job? Does she really want to force people into a pack? Will they feel like she did? She reminds herself that without a pack, these people will die. That's enough to push away all thoughts of doubt.

"Let's go!" Grayson shouts in excitement, standing up. A few giggles go around and the sink is crowded as everyone hurries and washes their dishes. Once the dishes are in the dishwasher, everyone heads to the door. Micky grabs the pair of hiking boots Lucifer bought her and hops around on one leg while tying them. She grabs onto the door knob before she falls and curses her clumsiness. She joins everyone else outside a minute later, her arrows strung over her back in a closed case. She is bringing them for intimidation, nothing else. As soon as Micky reaches her group, Anaya and Caroline take off in the direction they are supposed to. Micky follows.

"Stop!" Anaya whispers, sticking her hand out so Caroline and Micky run into it and stop. Their feet cross as they avoid dry leaves and branches. Micky's eyes catch sight of a dark red shirt, then they stop on a black male who has gathered branches to use for a fire. His ears twitch as breaths and a few heartbeats sound from his left. He continues to rearrange his fire pit but his hands shake. His eyes focus on the ground and his breaths sharpen. The ground blurs and his heart pounds in his ears. This is Lucifer's territory.

"I'm sorry." The man's shaky voice is loud over the silence of nature. "I will leave." He stands up, stumbling over a branch.

"Wait!" The sound of a girl's voice startles him. He stops. "We are starting a pack, and looking for members. We want you to join." Their approach is probably much more settle than Lucifer's. Micky scolds herself for thinking of her mate in a time like this. The man relaxes slightly, raises his head to face the girls.

"Who is your alpha?" Micky tenses.

"I am the Alpha Female, mate to Alpha Lucifer." The man's palms sweat and he scrambles backwards, crying out.

"He'll kill me!" Micky races forwards and crouches down to place a comforting hand on the man's shoulder.

"He wants members. He wants you." Micky takes a breath while Anaya and Caroline watch. "And besides; I wouldn't let him hurt you." The man wonders how crazy becoming a rogue can make you as his head nods.

"Okay," comes the meek reply. Micky stands up, as does the man, and holds her hand out.

"Micky." Her hand is out to shake. The name sounds familiar but he can't remember why, so the man holds his hand out and shakes Micky's hand.

"Isaiah. Pleasure to meet you, Alpha Female." Micky gets the same uncomfortable feeling.

"It's just Micky," Caroline smirks as her and Anaya gather around Isaiah.

"Well then, nice to meet you Just Micky."

"Only Gus can say that," Anaya replies immediately. Caroline and Micky roll their eyes. Together they walk back in silence for about 15 minutes until they see the house.

"WE HAVE A RECRUIT!" Micky shouts to anyone who will listen. Lucifer enters from the kitchen and Isaiah shrinks back with fear-filled eyes. Lucifer walks over to the new member and grabs his chin. He holds eye contact with Isaiah for a few seconds before stepping back.

"Welcome." Lucifer then speaks to the girls as well. "Come meet my recruits." They walk into the kitchen and Micky almost feels intimidated by the group of three men who stand before her. Lucifer points to a man with blue eyes and dark brown hair and calls him "Kayden", and then Lucifer calls the next guy "Alexander." The last guy's eyes bore into her, emotionless even though his posture is rigid.

"This is Gabriel," Lucifer mutters, pulling the man by the shoulder into him. Micky studies both of them and notices small smiles on their faces. "An old friend."

Here is an update that I just finished for all of you beautiful, amazing readers! Thank you so much (for the millionth time, I know) for commenting and voting. I love reading all of the comments!

Anyways, please tell me if you have anything you want to share with me or find any errors. Stay beautiful! -Sierra