09

"Are you, are you, coming to the tree-where they strung up a man, they say who murdered three," Katniss sings from the TV. Micky hums along, tapping her hands on the cushion beside her. Lucifer grabs the remote and turns the movie off with a sigh.

"Hey!" Micky whines. "I was watching that!" Lucifer shrugs with a small smile. He liked the sound of her voice, he admits to himself. His mate is dangerous-she's bringing back everything, especially emotions, that he buried a long time ago. He should try harder to block her out-but what if he doesn't want to?

"I wasn't." Micky can't help but laugh at the seriousness in his voice. She reaches for the remote but Lucifer pulls it away quickly.

"Please?" She pouts and Lucifer almost gives in, but he forces himself to stay strong.

"Pick something else," he demands, throwing the remote.

"Okay," Micky agrees, clicking on a picture of Channing Tatum. "Get ready to watch the hottest man alive strip!" Micky laughs but Lucifer snarls, hatred crawling its way up to his throat from his stomach.

"Something else," he growls, his face centimeters away from her face. Micky's breaths shorten and she pulls back, wiping her hands on her jeans.

"Um, i-it's this or Katniss," she stutters. Lucifer snatches the remote and changes it back to Katniss singing by the water. He lays his head on the back of the couch and bangs it repeatedly, soon running his hands over his face.

"You're over-exaggerating," Micky laughs, tapping his shoulder. Elliot smiles in his room upstairs at the pair downstairs-he thinks that they are good together-but that doesn't make him want to stay. He launches his bag over his shoulder and pushes open the window, jumping. He bites his lip so he doesn't scream out in pain as his ankle sprains. Grayson watches with wide eyes from his room upstairs, his hands shaking so much he can barely open the window. Elliot holds his finger to his lip, hoping that Grayson will stay quiet. When he says nothing, Elliot limps off into the unknown forest. Gone.

"Don't I always?" Lucifer opens his eyes and grins at Micky.

"Just a little bit." She reaches for his hand and traces on it. Lucifer lays his head back and closes his eyes, falling asleep quickly. Now this she doesn't mind.

Lucifer throws Micky her item with tinted cheeks before sprinting away from the bathroom. Micky rolls her eyes and grabs the pads with her foot and places on in her underwear. Standing up, she flushes and washes her hands before returning to her room.

"Baby," she calls to Lucifer as she walks past his room. She laughs and continues on as he growls at her. He didn't even know what pads were an hour ago; it's not his fault he doesn't bleed every month.

"I can show you that I'm not," he calls after her. Micky blushes, and now its Lucifer's turn to laugh. He prefers joking around with her; it makes happiness spread through his body. He feels so much better than before. But he shouldn't feel this way; she'll be taken away from him.

Lucifer's body sags and he grips his bedsheets. He lays down and rests, bringing back his tough exterior. Hope you had your fun, Micky.

"Please move," Lucifer's cold voice tells Micky. At lease he said 'please'. Micky scooches out of the way and stirs her ravioli with a frown.

"Are you okay?" she asks, holding her hands above her pot so they warm. Lucifer nods barely after grabbing a salad and walking upstairs. He's different.

"Lucifer!" He stops and Micky senses that.

"I was asking for a real answer." Heading back to the top of the stairs, he sighs and looks at her big eyes.

"I'm fine," he tells her before heading to his room. Saying your fine means that you're breaking inside, Micky thinks. She'll give him some time.

"Why won't you tell me?" Micky snaps at Grayson who juts out his lower lip.

"Because he told me not to." Lucifer steps forward with a roar and slams the wall next to Grayson's head.

"WE DON'T CARE!" His scream even scares Micky.

"He left!" Grayson cries. "He jumped out the window and left into the woods." Micky feels her heart break a little and steps back as though she were hit.

"Which way?" Grayson points and Lucifer takes off, shifting into the wolf who saved Micky.

Elliot lays in Lucifer's bed and gulps at Lucifer's harsh stare. He pulls the covers up around his neck and Lucifer almost screams as anger overtakes him. The dark light makes it hard to see but neither of them care.

"I'm sorry I'm not strong," Elliot chokes out. "I'm not." Lucifer shuffles in his chair and crosses his arms.

"No one is born strong; to be strong you need to block out emotions and make sure that you don't get attached to anything. Attachment makes you weak; it breaks you." Lucifer thinks about starting an advice reality show.

"I don't know how to do that," he admits. "And what about Micky?" Micky hears her name right outside the door and has to stop out of curiosity. Yeah; what about her?

"She means nothing to me." Elliot catches onto Lucifer's lie but Micky doesn't. Tears well up in her eyes and she doesn't even know why; she shouldn't have let herself get attached at all to a heartless beast like Lucifer.

"Then why do you hate her being so close to Grayson?" Micky brings her hand up to her mouth to muffle a sob, but waits outside the door.

"Instinct," he shrugs, gritting his teeth at the thought. Micky tries so hard to keep her shaky legs straight so that she doesn't fall on the floor. What about earlier? She blames her period for making her emotional; she knows that she wouldn't be crying otherwise. He was just nice company earlier.

"It's more than that." Lucifer's eyes lose all emotion.

"You're delusional," Lucifer scoffs, sitting up straight in his chair. Micky agrees with him on that one, wiping her tears with her eyes and clenching her jaw.

"Maybe I am-but even a blind person would be able to see that what you guys have is more than 'instinct'." Lucifer doesn't agree but lays back in his chair comfortably.

"If they can see then they aren't really blind." Elliot closes his eyes and takes a deep breath while Micky lets out a silent laugh. I'll agree with you on that one, Alpha Rogue.

I just want to say a big thanks to PrincessDraperPisco     and  Briana_wall for encouraging me to continue this story. But as always, this chapter is dedicated to all of you amazing people who vote, comment, and follow me! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! Almost 4.5k reads??? And 275 votes? That's a lot better than I thought this story would do, so I want all of you to know how much you mean to me :)

Anyways, hope your week is lovely, gorgeous! -Sierra