3

3

I had to go to school early today because Dad has his police training school thing Monday, Wednesday and Friday's, today's friday. I went to cafeteria and sat by myself. This is the only adult supervised part of the school in the morning. AKA, the only place I felt remotely safe.

I was playing Candy Crush when I felt presence in front of me. The only reason I know what presence feels like is because I'm so aware of what feeling alone feels like.

Anyway, I looked up at Luke, who was casually sitting across from me staring at his lap, probably at his phone. He must've felt my gaze on him, because he lifted his head and we made eye contact. Shockingly, I didn't break eye contact; I was able to hold it.

"Hi," he spoke first, then went back to his phone. I mumbled hi and returned to my game. Once I finished the round, I locked my phone and set it on the table. At the sound of my phone hitting the table, Luke did the same as me.
"How was your day yesterday?" Luke asked.
"Boring," I replied. "You?"
He cleared his throat and shrugged, looking off into the distance. "Spent some time with my family is all." Luke's phone suddenly started buzzing on the table, the name Ryan popped up on his screen.

"Hey," Luke asked, not sounding slightly effected by the phone call. "Okay, I'll be out in a second." He hung up the phone and stood up from his seat. "Hate to bail on you, Bobbi, but my brother needs to talk to me." So Ryan is his brother. He has siblings...interesting.
"It's fine." I assured him, giving a slight wave as he left the cafeteria.

Just as Luke was walking out, Riley and the twins walked in.

I was still kind of annoyed with what happened with Riley and Luke yesterday. All I want is for Riley to apologize for judging Luke when he doesn't even know him.

"Hey, Bobbi." Jordan said as he and Amanda took the spot Luke had just been sitting in. Riley sat next to me. I moved further away from Riley and smiled at the twins.
"Hi, guys." Amanda doesn't talk to me, really ever. She doesn't like how my dad cut Jackson and Jaycee out of his life so randomly. I get it.
"Bobbi, come on, look at me." Riley pleaded. Not really wanting to be a stubborn bitch, I turned to him, with sagging shoulders. "I'm sorry for judging Luke like I did. You're right, I don't know him."
"Thank you." I replied, sincerely. That is literally all I wanted from him.
"Guess what?" Amanda exclaimed, a big smile breaking out across her face. Amanda hasn't looked at me like that since we were toddlers.
"Hm?" I asked, subconsciously smiling.
"Your dad came over the other day and apologized, Bobbi. To my parents and Jay and Jack." Riley said. My eyes went wide and I looked at them all to try and tell if they were bluffing.
"We're not joking, Bobbi." Jordan confirmed, nodding. "They all forgave him, too. It's better now."

I don't think anyone could actually truthfully understand how happy this made us 4.

When I was about 9 or 10, my dad went through this huge stage of depression because he missed my mom. It was the age that I had started becoming depressed on top of the regular effects of being a girl, plus my anxiety. He got really overwhelmed and thought it'd be easier if he cut the Garfield's, Jensen's and Avalon's off. Why? I honestly don't know because I never got the courage to ask. I always assumed it was because he felt he had to make them all proud and didn't like all that pressure and wanted to focus on only making my mom and I proud. The twins, Riley and I have always been friends though, but after what happened with my dad and their parents, my dad told me not to talk to them anymore. Since my dad is my everything, i listened for the most part. I only talked to them all hear and there.

Now that my dad has finally realized he doesn't have to impress his friends, it means I can have my full time friends back.

"I've got to get to basketball, though. I'll see you later, B." Jordan winked as he stood up.
"I'm going to give you and Mandy some girl time. You both could use it."