12

12

"How was yesterday?" I asked Luke Tuesday morning, referring to him hanging out with Chandler.
"Pretty fun; we played video games and basketball. Chandler nearly passed out when we were playing though, so Ryan had to take him home afterwards to be sure he was okay."

Chandler tells me all the time to stop worrying about him - the nose bleeds, the easy bruising, appetite loss, but I'm really not seeing how I'm supposed to. Something has to be up and I'm scared for him.

Chloe and the twins then walked into the cafeteria and joined our table, like every other morning.

"Where's Chandler?" I asked.
"He wasn't feeling good, so he stayed home." Chloe replied, pulling out a granola bar as she spoke.
"Does it have anything to do with the fact he nearly passed out yesterday?"
She shrugged, "all he told Mom was that he had a headache, probably from his ear infection." The warning bell rang right after that, signaling we had 5 minutes to get to our class.

Everyone in the cafeteria, which was only about 20 students, slowly began to get up and make their way out.

Luke and I went our separate ways to Ms. Snowden's classroom. I do still miss Mr. Rinaldi sometimes, but Ms. Snowden was a good teacher.

"Bobbi, can I talk to you?"

I got up from my seat, leaving Luke to sit on his own for the time being.

"You did extremely well on your last test; you got a 76/77, while everyone else ranged in mostly C's and D's."

What can I say? I study hard because I want to be good enough to get into Stanford.

"I just wanted to personally inform you because I was very impressed." Ms. Snowden added.

Before I could thank her, my vision began to get blurry and my legs began to feel like jelly. Next thing I knew, I fell to the ground in front of the whole class while talking to the teacher.

Luke was quick to my side and helped me back to my feet.

"Luke, go take her to the nurse's office, please." Ms. Snowden murmured, seeming panicked about what just happened in front of her eyes.

Luke put his arm around my waist and helped me out of the classroom. I finally caught my own balance and was able to walk on my own.

I started taking my anxiety medication this morning, and one of the side effects are dizziness, so it adds up that I collapsed. It was extremely embarrassing collapsing in front of my entire first period.

I sat down on one of the beds in the nurse's office. Nurse Duncan got up from her desk and came to my side.

"My, oh my, what happened, dear?"
"I got a little dizzy and collapsed; Ms. Snowden asked Luke to take me here."
"Let me go get you a glass of water."

"What just happened?" Luke asked with his eyes full of concern.
"My therapist put me on new medication and it's just side effects. It's really nothing serious." I explained, briefly.
Nurse Duncan came back in with my water and asked me if I knew why I got dizzy. I explained to her what I explained to Luke - it was just a side effect of medication.

Nurse Duncan let me return to class when I convinced her I was feeling 100% fine and ready to learn.

"Are there other side effects?" Luke asked me.
I debated mentally for just a moment. "Yeah, the side effects are dizziness, headaches, and exhaustion." He probably just assumed that the medication is for my depression because that's all I told him about. I didn't mention my anxiety.

Riley is right though. If I want a relationship between luke and I, it means no more secrets. That means no more hiding my anxiety from him.

Shocking me, Luke dropped the subject we arrived back to Ms. Snowden's class. We only sat in their for roughly 5 minutes before the bell rang, thankfully. Everyone was staring at me and whispering.