19

19

"Bobbi, wake up," my dad shook me awake with Luke at his side.

What is going on? Why is Luke here?

I looked to my side at my alarm clock to see that it's 1:30 in the morning. I'm brought back to my two questions - what is going on and why is Luke here at this hour?

"We have to get to the hospital," Dad said softly. I swallowed my saliva, nervously, and began getting out bed. I did nothing to get ready, besides grab a jacket to cover my bare arms.

It doesn't take a genius to try and figure out why we need to go to the hospital.

Chandler.

While I gnawed on the inside of my cheek, Luke held my hand tightly in his. We both got in the backseat of Dad's car, and he sped off to the hospital. At the proper speed limit, of course.

"Is he okay?" I whispered to Luke, my grip on his hand tightening. I didn't want to think about what could possibly be wrong.

"Chloe called in a panic. All she said is to call you and get to the hospital." He didn't call me though, he appeared at my house. "But I asked Ryan to take me over to your house instead."

I guess that made sense.

"Do the twins know?" Poor Amanda. I can only imagine what she must be feeling.

"Chloe said her mom called Jaycee."

Luke put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close against his chest. I was doing a fine job holding my tears back, but I was still internally freaking out.

Not because of my close proximity with Luke, but because of the fact I have no idea if Chandler is okay in this moment of time.

"Uh, Josh, do you have any medicine for her?" Luke's voice asked.

I tried to zero in on my breathing though. Or my lack of.

But I couldn't.

For all I know, we are too late and Chandler is laying lifelessly in a hospital bed because his cancer attacked the last of him while we were all too busy sleeping.

Breathe, Bobbi.

"Here," I opened my eyes that I didn't even realize were closed and spotted the pills in his hand. No questions asked, I took the pills and Dad's water bottle and swallowed them down.

They were most likely panic attack meds that Dad keeps in the car in case of emergency. Maybe anxiety meds, but I don't think so. I'm pretty sure they are a different shape than what I just swallowed.

"We're here, B," Luke murmured. Sure enough, we were parked outside of the nearest hospital.

I sucked in a deep breath before I retrieved Luke's outstretched hand.

Please, be okay, Chandler. Or at least be alive.

The last at the front desk offered us a warm smile when we came in. Despite her politeness, I still hate hospitals and everything about them.

Babies shouldn't be born here. The celebration of life and the mourning of death should not take place in the same building.

"What can I do for you?"

"We are here to see Chandler Walker." Dad informed her. Karly appeared around the corner though, motioning for us to hurry.

"They are with me, Beth," Karly said, directed toward the lady at the front desk, I'm going to go ahead and assume. Beth, the desk lady, ushered us to go along and join Karly; we did so hurriedly.