10

10

On Sunday, I had to wake up earlier than any normal person would like to on a Sunday morning after Halloween. Dr. Willis had to move our session to 8 in the morning because her sister was scheduled to have her baby tomorrow and she needed to fly out of state. That also means I won't have therapy for the next 2 or 3 days.

The office was quiet given the time and I was simply waved off into Dr. Willis's office. I opened the door and allowed myself inside. She immediately put her phone down and smiled at me.

"How's your sister doing?" I asked.
"Great." She replied. "How was your weekend?"

Eventful, that's for sure.

"Seems like a lot happened..." She trailed off raising her eyebrows.
"Why do you say that?" I retorted, not answering her first question.
"Usually, it takes you about a millisecond to say that nothing happened, so something must have happened."
"Well, you're right." I sighed.

I didn't really want to tell Dr. Willis what happened, if I'm being honest here. Something semi-normal finally happened to me and it's not even remotely normal to go and tell your therapist about it a couple days later.

"Chandler and I were passing out candy together; I told him a little about my mom and we talked about our expectations for our futures."
"What are your expectations for your future, Bobbi?"

Her and Lee are always trying to get me to talk about my future. Lee especially. I always tell him that I just want to go to Stanford more than anything, yet he is always telling me there's other options and all that junk.

"To go to Stanford, Dr. Willis." I grumbled. "Chandler really was weird when he talked about his future."
"How so?" Thankfully, she dropped the topic of my life after high school.
"He just kept talking about how he doubts he will even pass high school and if he makes it that far, then he's just going to travel the world..."
"Well, college just isn't for everybody. It is possible to survive without going to college, but it just might not be the easiest thing to do."
"Yeah, but..." I really didn't know what I was getting at. She wasn't understanding what I was trying to say and I didn't know how to explain it, so I dropped it. I was just worried about Chandler, that's all. "Never mind. Anyways, Chloe called Chandler after and said that Luke was at the same party she was at and getting into fights with random people. I lied to my dad, so that I could go help Luke." Dr. Willis rose her eyebrow at me. I couldn't blame her. I am the last person anybody would ever expect to lie to their dad.
"Riley took us there and tried to break up Luke and the guy he was fighting, but Luke punched him. Then, Chandler punched Luke in the jaw and knocked him down, but the guy that was winding up to hit Luke ended up hitting Chandler in the nose and it started gushing blood and bruising instantly."

I've never been one for violence, so watching all that in front of my face was terrifying.

"I intervened after that and then Luke and I went for a walk." I then explained to Dr. Willis about how Luke told me he can't control his actions when he's mad and he doesn't know why, how I told him about what therapy could do to help him, how I told him about my depression and social anxiety... How I told Luke almost everything about me.

"Then, we kissed." I concluded at the end of the recap from Friday. Shockingly, Dr. Willis did not interrupt me through the whole story; she seemed extremely interested in it all.

"Oh my God! My little Bobbi is growing up..." Dr. Willis smiled at me. I was shocked when I saw a tear fall from her eye.

I guess when you go through hell and back with an 11 year old girl, you grow a soft spot for her.

"Did you tell your father?"
"No, not yet." I answered. I didn't really think to when I got home on Friday, honestly. All I could think about was how I had lied to him, so that was my main focus and the kissing part somehow managed to slip my mind. "I did tell him what I really was out doing, though."
"Was he mad?"
"Yeah, for a little, but I think he's happy that I'm more trusting, nowadays." Dr. Willis moved from her chair to sit next to me on the couch.
"I'm going to be your adult friend and not your therapist for a quick second, okay?" A little confused, I nodded. Taking me by surprise, Dr. Willis pulled me in for a tight hug. "Bobbi, I am genuinely so proud of how far you have came since I first met you four or five years ago."
"Thank you, Dr. Willis. I couldn't have done any of it without you."