17

17

Luke's POV-

I ran my hand through my hair, stressed. Ryan was driving me over to Bobbi's now. Bobbi was at Chandler's - she texted me telling me. I was scared. This situation could go a few ways. Josh could help me tell Bobbi and recognize I'm not my father. He could tell me to stay away from Bobbi in case I am like my father. He could recognize I'm not my father, but leave me on my own to tell Bobbi. The latest I would highly doubt.

I had called Josh earlier asking if I could come over to talk about something important, and he said yeah.

"Hey, Luke," Ryan said before I could get out of the car as we pulled in the driveway of Bobbi's house. "No matter how this goes, you are not our father."

The amount of times Ryan and Mom have said that to me is crazy, but I understand why. They are just trying to keep me reassured and I greatly appreciate it.

"I know, Ryan, thanks. I'll call you when we are done." Slowly, I walked up to the front door of Bobbi's house. I've been up all night preparing myself for this conversation. I'm still not ready for.

I knocked on the door and Josh opened it with a white dress shirt on, grey dress pants, black dress shoes, and glasses on. He was probably doing some work before I got here.

"Good afternoon, Luke." Josh offered a welcoming smile as he opened the door. "How have you been doing?" He's probably referring to post finding out about Chandler's cancer.

I guess you could say I'm not doing too well given everything on my plate right now.

I shrugged as a reply.

"What did you need to talk about?" We sat down at the small, circle kitchen table. Josh took his glasses off and stared at me, calmly.

He's an understanding guy; he's been through a lot in his life, too. I'm sure he won't cut me out from Bobbi's life. He will leave that to be Bobbi's decision.

"Bobbi's mom..." I trailed off. I could immediately see Josh's facial expression change at the mention of Bobbi's mom. "16 years ago, Bobbi's mom died because she was hit by a drunk driver that was recklessly driving like he was the only man on the road. And I don't know all of this because Bobbi told me. I've known since I was 11 years old when I found out that my dad was in prison for multiple reasons - one of them being for drunk driving and killing an innocent girl, pregnant, 20 year old girl, named Clarissa Evans."
"Your father...is Gordan Bailey?" I couldn't explain the expression on Josh's face now. He looked angry, but I don't know if its directed toward me, my father, or the memory. Or all of the above.
"I'm not him, Josh. He's never been a part of my life. My mom raised me to be a good man. The only thing I share with my father is blood. We are nothing alike." I quickly defended myself, scared he would tell me to get out. I wanted to punch myself when a tear fell from my eyes.

Every damn thing is getting to me now.

"Luke, I don't doubt for a second that your mother raised you to be a good man. I thought you were a great guy for my daughter and that doesn't change because of who your father is." Just like I had hoped it would go. Now step two is talking to Bobbi.
"Thank you." I murmured. "Now, what about Bobbi when do I tell her?"
"Frankly, I don't think she is emotionally ready for this kind of news right after hearing that her best friend has cancer. I don't think you're ready to tell her just yet, either." I felt the same, but I know I need to tell her before Chandler passes away and before my father is released from prison.
"One more thing," I bit my lip. "On December 4th, he is getting released."

December 4th is a month away and Chandler's time is dwindling. He is having less and less good days, which means his worst day is not too far down the road. This is all so terrifying. There's a chance I could lose my girlfriend, my best friend, and have to deal with my father throughout it all.