Book One (Living a lie): Jake Blackwell

10

 “Jake, Jake, Jake”

“Uh….”

“Boi get up” said Mr. Scott he pulled the covers, open the blinds “Ahh” said Jake.

 “Come boy it’s almost ten we got work to do”

“What time is it?” Jake said slowly got up from his bed and starched “Its 9:30”

“WHAT THE H—“

“Don’t you dear” said Mr. Scott cutting him off.

“Are you kidding me its 9:30 naw bra am going back it sleep” Jake jump right back to bed.

 "No you don’t, you got until 9:50 I’ll be down stairs, we all ready behind schedule"

“WHAT? WHAT ARE WE DOING?” Jake said using the pillow to block the sun.

“Well first we clean the house, do some yard work, run a few arenas and then help out in the soup kitchen” Jake removed the pillow from his face.

“THE WHAT NAW…..I’M GOOD YOU CAN DO ALL THAT” Jake pulled up the covers.

“Like I said you got until 9:50” Mr. Scott went down stairs “Oh by the way there’s clothes for you on the dresser I picked them out” Jake was like what ever he didn’t care about helping an old man clean his house and he sure wasn’t going to work at no soup kitchen. But then that the same feeling he got last night trying so hard to sleep on a bed rather then sleep on the streets.

 If this is what it took then so be it. Jake got up went near the dresser to see what kind of clothes he picked out for him. “OH HELL NO!!” Mr. Scott was in living room reading a book and started to laugh “I guess Jake found his clothes” Jake took the clothes and ran down stairs.

“Aye MR. SCOTT I’M NOT WEARIN THIS!!” Jake throws the clothes on the floor “excuse me?” Mr. Scott slowly closed his book got up and smiled “Tick tock Mr. Jake it’s 9:35” Mr. Scott laughed and walked away “ I’M NOT WEARIN IT!!”

“Oh I beg to differ…” Jake ran back up stairs and search throw his bag he found some of the shirts he got from Joey. The were all dirty “FUCK” Jake went into the bathroom and took a long cold shower for some reason Jake loved the cold. When he stepped out the shower he realizes the clothes that Mr. Scott picked out for him where down stairs where he left it. Jake took a towel and covered him self with it he open the door the clothes were right in front of the door Jake took the clothes then went back into the bathroom he tried in the clothes . He put on a long sleeve collar shirt with a baby blue sweater vest wit some nice dressy jeans and with some Jordon’s. Jake took a long hard look in the mirror he was so sure if this was his style since all his clothes were hand me downs.

 But he kind of liked it he felt good nice, fresh and clean a few min. later he came down stairs he smelled pancakes, eggs, bacon, toast, sages, and a nice cold glass of O.J he went in to the kitchen a plate was all ready made for him he took a seat.

11

“9:43 not bad, now hurry up ok when your done I need you to do every thing on this list I’m going out I need to take care of something but when I come back you better be done with all of that you hear me”

“yes” said Jake . Mr. Scott took his key and grabbed his jacket “Aye I’m locking the door don’t open the door for no body ok I’ll be back soon” Jake took a sip of his O.J and started looking at the list

1)       Wash the dishes

2)      Clean the living room and bathroom