Book One: (living a lie) Jake Blackwell

13

 They got back to the house and Jake was still thinking about what life would of been like if he stayed with John. He was also thinking about what happen to he never been away from home this long before John would of find him by now. When they enter the house Mr. Scott went to the living room to watch T.V with Ace. Jake went up stairs and laid on his bed he just couldn’t get the dreams out of his head it was driving him crazy he kept think about his future he touched his necklace and stared at it he wonder what the to dragons stand for and why was there a ball between them. So many questions so little answers so Jake went down stairs hoping he had some answers.

“Mr. Scott?” Jake said.

“Ha-Ha this dude is crazy” Jake never seen Mr. Scott smiling before he looks so happy almost normal.

 “Mr. Scott”

“Ha-Ha oh hey what’s up Jake?”

“Um…I wanted to talk to you about some thing” 

“Oh ok sure while don’t you just stand there sit  next to me and talk”

“Well its kind of personal” he confuess.

“Wow ok if you say so” Mr. Scott turn off the T.V and faced Jake.

 “Come sit tell Ray what’s on your mind. And no you may not call me that”

“Eh fine. What I wanted to talk about was my past I don’t but I been having dreams lately”

“What kind of dreams?” Mr. Scott was petting Ace for some reason when Jake looked at Ace he felt like Ace could understand what he was saying “I don’t think you seen this before?” Jack was showing necklace and Mr. Scott eyes went wide even Ace’s “What Is it bad?”

“No just I never seen nothing like it”

“Yah that’s what I’m saying what if we look it up or something I really want to know my past I cant help but feeling that my whole life is a lie. I know it sounds crazy but I jus—feel like there’s another world out there just then New York that’s why I want to go to school I mean you got to start some where. I did use to go to school but with my foster dad and my pot head mom I had to hold the house together and pulse the kids kept making fun of me and my background and keep asking me are you white or black? Or are you a white dude that just wants be black? I mean I just even know what I am?”

“Jake clam down son its ok if you think its time that you learn who you are and where you came from” Jake backed away.

“Why do you sound like you already know some thing that I don’t ?”

“I don’t I mean, I’m just saying”

 Mr. Scott started shuddering” “Ok Jake if you feel like you need to start over then that’s fine well do that together just trusts me. I got your back”

“Ok I believe you but what do we now?”

“Well I’ll talk to some of my buddies and where see how can we get you back to school ok”

“Thanks Mr. Scott”

“No problem “

“No I mean really thank you for every thing you shows up at my weakest point and just saved my life and I just really great full for that”

“Well thank you Jake” Mr. Scott got up “Now I think its time to go to bed ok. I have a lot of work to do”

“Ok well good night Ray”

“Good Nigh—WAIT WHAT?” Jake all ready ran up stairs before Mr. Scott could say any thing.