The cocky side

Steve's POV

Wow I hate that guy. Who does he think he is? Just because he's rich, doesn't mean he's better than everybody else. Looking at him eating these blueberries makes me want to choke him with the small plastic bag. I look at Emma because she wears a her uniform as well. Tony looks at her as well and rolls his eyes.

''Emma doesn't count, on her it looks hot'' he says and gives her a wink. I look at her, she's blushing. She looks so cute when she blushes.

''Steve, tell me none of this smells a little funky to you.'' Doctor Banner asks me, pulling me out of my thoughts. I look at all three of them.

''Just find the cube'' I say to them and walk out of the laboratory. I feel Emma's eyes on me when I leave the lab, but I just keep walking.

Emma's POV

''That's the guy my dad never shut up about? I'm wondering if they shouldn't have kept him on ice'' Mr. Stark says about Mr. Rogers. I remember now that I've read about his whole story from when he was spangle and small, he got enormous and muscular and till he got 'killed' in the ice.

''Mr. Stark, talk nicely, he's your team mate.'' I say and give Mr. Stark a glare for talking badly about Mr. Rogers. He rolls his eyes and keeps working. I sigh and keep working as well.

I now look at the power energy to find out how Loki could turn agent Barton and Doctor Selvig to his assistants. Mr. Stark stands in front of me, but at the other side of the table. Doctor Banner is in the other end of the room, looking at one of the big screens and tapping on it.

''The guy's not wrong about Loki. He does have the jump on us.'' Doctor Banner says and makes Mr. Stark turn around and walk over to another screen and tapping as well. I choose not to listen to their conversation and focus on my own things.

I accidently hear them say something about their own powers. Mr. Stark with his arc reactor on his chest that helps him staying alive from the shrapnel that's trying to swallow is heart, while Doctor Banner has temper issues and can't control himself when he's the Hulk.

I then hear Doctor Banner mentioning the Hulk and not 'the other guy' for the first time since I met him. But he quickly changes it to 'the other guy'. And I don't hear more until Mr. Stark walks back to his own screen.

I walk over to Doctor Banner to see what's wrong with him.

''Doctor Banner, are you all right? I can tell that you're nervous by your body language and the shaking in your voice. Do you want to talk about it?'' I ask him politely without making him angry. He shakes his head at me and smile at me while taking my hands in his.

''Thank you for caring about me Emma, but you don't have to. I'm all right and I'm gonna be fine.'' He says before letting go of my hands again and goes back to work.

I can tell he doesn't want to be disturbed again so I go back to my seat and keep silent. I hear footsteps approach and suddenly stop in front of me on the other side of the table. I decide to be cocky for once and ignore the person.

The person puts its hand on mine to get my attention. I look up and see Mr. Stark nod towards the exit. I look over at Doctor Banner before standing from the chair with the cold expression. When we get out Mr. Stark pulls me into a hug. I let him do it.

''Emma don't deal with Bruce. He just got problems that he doesn't wants you to get involved in.'' he says to me. I find the cocky side of me and pull out of the hug and lean against the wall with my arms crossed.

''I just want him to be okay.'' I tell him looking at anything else than him.

''And that's also fine, but just stay out of his rage-monster problems'' he says to me. For once I ignore his comment on Doctor Banner and just keep silent. He sighs and gets closer to me. I can feel he wants my attention, but I don't give it him so easily.

I'm not being cocky because of Mr. Stark, but because Doctor Banner ignores his own problems. And as a person who thinks of everybody else's feelings and needs before your own, it's hard to ignore it. The problem about my cockiness is that I let it out on everybody who doesn't deserve my cocky attitude.

He puts his finger under my chin and turn my head to his so I look at him in the eyes. He looks at me serious. I give him a cocky look.

''Even though it's not the right time to say it, I think you're really cute when you're cocky. I like this side of you.'' he says in a sexy voice. I mentally roll my eyes and was about to say something when I hear someone clear their throat. I look behind Tony to see agent Romanoff give us a sceptical look before turning to me.

''Emma, I need your help. I'm going to talk to Loki to make him reveal his plan. I want you to be there as well but with your invisibility on.'' She says to me.

I think about it a bit, because I'm not entirely sure that it's a good idea, since he's already tried to kill me once and wanted me to rule the world with me. I look up at Mr. Stark who gives me a look that says 'don't do it Emma'. I look back at agent Romanoff.

''Of course agent Romanoff, I will go with you.'' I say in my no longer cocky way. She smiles and nods me to go. I was about to go with her but Mr. Stark pulls me back.

''No, absolutely not, I'm not letting you take her into Loki. He would've killed her, if I hadn't stopped him in time.'' He says while hugging me from behind on protection. I let him hug me since I'm no longer cocky with him and is back to my normal, formal me. Agent Romanoff gives Stark a sceptical look, but Stark gives her an emotionless look back at her. She sighs.

''Stark, he's in a big cage. As long as he's in there, she can't get hurt. And beside he'll not even know that she's with me, because she will be invisible.'' She says to him, but doesn't give in and hugs me tighter.

''Mr. Stark it's okay.'' I say and takes his arms out away and walk away with agent Romanoff, but he doesn't give up so easily. He takes a hold on my wrist and pulls me back to him.

''Emma, I don't want you to get hurt.'' He says and takes my hands in his. I look at his eyes to see love and protection in them.

''Mr. Stark don't worry about me, I'm going to be fine.'' I tell him truly. He sighs and nods.

''Just be careful. Call me by this number, if something goes wrong.'' He says and gives me a paper with a number on it, before kissing me on the cheek.

''I will Mr. Stark, I promise.'' I say and walk away with agent Romanoff.

Tony's POV.

''I will Mr. Stark., I promise'' she says and walks away with Nat.

I walk back into the laboratory to keep working. I see Bruce still stand at the screen he stood when Emma and I left the laboratory. He looks at me and walks slowly towards me.

''Is she mad at me?'' I look over at him and shake my head. ''Then why did you leave the laboratory? She must've felt something since you took her outside.'' I sigh and turn fully to him.

''She's not mad at you, she just feel sorry for you, because she wants you the best. And she worries about you all the time. I know you don't want her to get involved in your Hulk problems because of the consequences, but at least you can tell her how you feel, so she not always worries about you.'' I say to him.

He sighs and nods. ''All right, I will.'' He says and walks back to his screen.