Steve's dark side

Once we reach the Triskelion building, after a flight in Tony's private plane, Tony takes my hand and pulls me towards the entrance. When we get in, we appear in the big room. There's a big S.H.I.E.L.D. logo in the middle of the room and people walking around. I keep close to Tony, so I don't lose him.

Tony squeezes my hand and I look up at him to see him nod in front of us. I look towards the direction he nods and see Mr. Rogers stand in his Captain America uniform. It looks darker and more new designed than the one he had in New York. He has his arms crossed and a serious expression on his face.

Looking at him now I can see that he's changed a lot. He's got a cut, that looks really good on him. I think he's also got a bigger torso, meaning that he's been training a lot and as always he looks amazing with his uniform, even better with his new uniform.

I walk towards him with Tony right behind me. When I approach Mr. Rogers I stop and look at him with an apologetic look. Mr. Rogers gives Tony a look before nodding towards a door and walking away. He want's me to follow so we can talk in private. I'm about to follow him, but Tony stops me.

''I love you.'' he says to me and kisses me. I kiss him back.

''I love you too.'' I say before following Mr. Rogers who's got an unpleasant expression. When we reach the door he opens it for me to walk in first along with him. We're now in a conversation room, which I think is for job conversations or something.

When he closes the door the looks at me with a serious expression and crosses his arms. I look at him in the eyes and I see the disappointment in them. He's disappointed in me for being with Tony without hearing is side of the story. He hasn't told me about his feeling, before I said yes to move into Stark Tower with Tony.

''Are you together?'' he suddenly asks and breaks the silence. I keep silent because I don't know what we are. Yes, we have kissed and confessed our love for each other, but we haven't confirmed a relationship.

''I don't know.'' I tell him truly. He sighs heavily and looks at the floor. He looks up at me again and then walks slowly towards me. He stops when our chests touch. I don't back away, but stay on my spot. I don't know why. His expression has now soften and he's now looking me with eyes full of love and care.

''I haven't told you about my feelings, because I never got the change. Since we separated in the park, I've been thinking of you every day. I've been trying to get you out of my mind, but it seems to be impossible. But it's usually tough to get people you love out of your mind, right?'' he says without looking at me.

I look at him with sympathetic eyes. I now feel really bad for being so mean to him in the park. He only stopped Tony and I for kissing, because he loves me as well. But it shouldn't be a surprise for me, because he's been so kind to me since we met. Of course he loves me, how can I be so stupid?

''Steve.'' I say to him to get his attention. I call him by his name, because I think about what Tony said to in the elevator when I first went to the tower. He told me that I sound more confident and not so nervous when I called him by his name. So I decide from now on that I call people by their real name, unless I've just met them or I don't ''play well'' with them.

He looks up at me with a shocked expression. He then hugs me tight. I hug him back and realise that I've missed him so much. When he pulls away he gives me an emotionless expression.

''I love you, Emma.'' he says truly, I can tell. But what I don't understand is that how he can love me, when I know he still thinks about Peggy. Maybe that's why I chose to say yes to Tony to move in with him.

''What about Peggy?'' I ask him. He sighs heavily.

''I know what you're thinking. Yes, i still think of her some times, but I have to move on, because I can't be with her. I thought that I couldn't move on, but then I met you and I knew that I could. If only you could help me by feeling the same way.'' he says to me and looks at me in the eyes. I keep silent because I don't know what to say. ''I know that you love Tony, but you can't deny that you also love me. I know it, Emma. I can see it in your eyes.'' he says in a serious tone.

I don't know what to say so I reach for the door handle to go out, but he takes my hand away from the handle and pushes me against the wall. I gasp at the sudden movement. Steve takes a grip on my arms to hold me steady and looks at me deeply in the eyes.

''Look at me and tell me that you don't feel the same way. If you can, I let you leave.'' he says. I look at him and try to say it, just so he removes his grip on me. But I soon realise that I can't say it while looking at him. Since I stay silent, Steve sighs. ''Em, I can't let you leave with Tony. He's not the right guy for you. He's dangerous.'' He says to me. I slightly shake my head. He still has me pinned against the wall.

''Not for the past month I've been with him in the tower.'' I tell him.

''Because you haven't seen him drunk. When he's drunk he takes women home with him at night and then screw them the morning after. He's not a guy for you.'' Steve says with anger in his eyes.

''Steve, I admit. I love you, but...''

''But what, Emma. You shouldn't be in consider. It's obviously who you should be with. Tony has only been causing you problems, since you met him, while I've been keeping you safe from all the bad things. You're killing yourself, if you choose him.'' I look down at floor, don't know what to do.

''Please don't make me choose, Steve. It's impossible for me to choose between the two of you. I love you both equal. Please don't make me choose.'' I say with tears in my eyes now. He sighs and wipes the tears away with his thumb. He slowly leans in to kiss me, but a knock on the door interrupts us.

Tony's POV

While I wait outside the door for Emma and Steve to finish, I sit on one of the benches at the escalators. I get a few looks from people, mostly women... young women. But for once I actually ignore them because I only care for Emma. She's the only one I want.

It's now been 10 minutes of talking and I begin to get paranoid. If he tries to do something to her, like kissing her, which I doubt because he's a 95 year old man who has only kissed 1 woman once. But if he's got more manly and try to kiss her, I'm going to kill him.

Finally I can't take it anymore so I stand from the bench and walk fast to the door. I knock on the door and wait for them to open. When Steve opens I see Emma stand against the wall with an emotionless expression, totally blacked out.

''I think you've had her long enough, Spangles. Give me my girl back.'' I say to him. I'm about to walk pass him over to Emma, but he stops me with a hand on my chest.

''We're not done here and she's not yours. She doesn't know how she feels.'' he tells me. But I think he's lying to me, just to tear Emma and I apart. I huff and walk over to her. I take her hand and pull her out of the room, leaving cap alone.

Emma doesn't say anything the whole ride home and it worries me. She doesn't even care to look at me, she just looks out of the window. What did that spangled capsicle say to her? On the plane she slept for a while but woke again when we landed.

When we come home she get's out of the car and walk inside without saying anything. I still sit in the car when the door closes. I sigh and lean back on my seat. I know that she's not going to talk to me about it, so I decide to call Romanoff so she can talk to her. I hope Emma will open up to her, Romanoff has after all known Emma for longer than I have.

I think back of what the cap said about Emma doesn't knowing how she feels. I don't want to believe it, but Emma's behavior makes me start to. I hope it's just the time of the month.