Waking up to a mess

Emma's POV

I wake up to an absolutely peaceful Helicarrier. The last thing I remember was the Helicarrier in absolute chaos. I remember talking with Loki when suddenly a bomb blasts in the Helicarrier.

I got the strength to stand from the bed in the bedroom and I can see and hear perfectly. I'm myself again. But how could I faint by just an impact? Apparently the hit was harder than I thought.

I walk out of the bedroom and go to the bridge. When I stand at the door I see agent Hill stand behind Director Fury. He's talking to someone at the table and I hope that it's the Avengers. Or more specific all of the Avengers. But When I get in there I only see Mr. Stark and Mr. Rogers. I sigh in relief to see them alive, but I can't avoid wondering where everyday else are.

''What happened?'' I interrupt the conversation. Both Avengers, Director Fury and agent Hill look towards me. Mr. Stark is the first to stand and run towards me to give me a big hug.

''Oh Emma. I'm so glad to see you alive'' he says and pulls away to kiss me on the cheek.

''You too Mr. Stark.'' I say to him. Mr. Rogers gives me a hug as well.

''I'm so glad to see that you're not hurt Emma. I don't know what to do if you get hurt.'' He says and I actually blush a bit. I was about to answer him when I suddenly see a card collection of Captain America. On one of them there's a bit blood.

Mr. Rogers notices me stiffen and takes his arms around my waist and pulls me closer to him. I ignore him and look around the room to search for a familiar face but I don't see it and I become worried and scared. I look back at the card collection, then to agent Hill and last to Director Fury.

''Where's agent Coulson?'' I ask him with a shaken voice. I feel Mr. Rogers' arms around me tighten a bit which just makes me even more nervous. Director Fury keeps silent. ''Where is he?'' I ask again with watery eyes and slightly crying in my voice. Since he keeps silent I can figure out what happened and get pissed. ''Where is he Director Fury?!'' I shout to him before crying. Mr. Rogers pulls me into an embrace and comforts me.

I cry into his shirt, but he doesn't care. He just keeps comforting me. He takes me to the chair next him to sit down. Director Fury ignores my questions and continues the conversation they had.

''There was an idea, Stark knows this, called the Avengers initiative. The idea was to bring a group of remarkable people to see if they could become something more. To see if they could work together when we needed them to, to fight the battles we never could.'' He says while walking around us at the table.

I sob once in a while through Director Fury's speech about the Avengers initiative. He continues looking at Mr. Stark. ''Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea. In heroes'' he says and Mr. Stark stands from his seat immediately and leaves the room.

I considered going after him, but I decide to let him be alone. I know that Mr. Stark knew agent Coulson before, so of curse it takes him hard as well. I look over at Mr. Rogers to see him give me a sad smile. I look down at the card collection that agent Coulson had.

''Well, it's an old-fashioned notion.'' Director fury says as the last thing before he walks off. And with that Mr. Rogers stands from his seat and offers his hand to me. I take it and he helps me stand. He pulls me towards the way Mr. Stark went and also into the same room as him. He stands in the room where Loki's cell is... or was. The cell is gone when we come inside.

Mr. Rogers walks to the ramp of the cell at the entrance while I walk towards Mr. Stark. When I reach him I put my arm around his waist and pull him to me to show him my comfort. He takes his arm around my shoulder to pull me closer to him.

''Was he married?'' Mr. Rogers asks, breaking the silence. You can just hear the echo through the big hole in the middle.

''No. There was a cellist, I think.'' He says and looks at me in the eyes.

''I'm sorry. He seemed like good man.'' Mr. Rogers says. I look over at him. He leans up against the fence with arms crossed over the chest. He seems feeling bad about this as well. Agent Coulson was probably his biggest fan and all he wanted was Mr. Rogers to sign his card collection. He never did.

Mr. Stark looks at me and then at Mr. Rogers before taking his arm off me.

''He was an idiot.'' He says simply. I look at him in shock. How can he call agent Coulson an idiot? He was his friend. He looks at me with a sweet smile and takes his hand to my cheek.

''Why? For believing?'' Mr. Rogers asks him angrily for insulting agent Coulson and maybe because of Mr. Stark's movement on me. Mr. Stark removes his hand from my cheek and suddenly I miss his warm hand.

''For taking on Loki alone.''  Mr. Stark says and offers his hand to me like Mr. Rogers did earlier. I take it and he pulls me slightly away from the edge.

''He was doing his job.'' Mr. Rogers answers back at him. Mr. Stark makes noise that says 'oh please, save me from all your crap', while keeping pulling me further away from they ramp.

''He was way out of his league. He should have waited. He should've...'' He says, pulls me towards Mr. Rogers.

''Sometimes there isn't a way out, Tony.'' Mr. Rogers interrupts him while walking towards us so we meet in the middle.

''Right, I've heard that before.'' Mr. Stark says insulted and let's go of my hand before walking straight pass by Mr. Rogers. Mr. Rogers comes over to me and takes his arm around my waist.

''Is this the first time you lost a soldier?'' Mr. Rogers asks him. I mentally slap him on the head. After the two days I've known Mr. Stark I know that you shall never mention the word soldier to him. Mr. Stark turns around and looks at Mr. Rogers angrily.

''We are not soldiers.'' He says and looks at both of us, but suddenly stops at me. When I look at him in the eyes, I see hurt and sorrow. He takes my hand in his and pulls me to him before looking Mr. Rogers. ''I'm not marching to Fury's fife.'' He says to him.

''Neither am I. He's got the same blood on his hand that Loki does. But right now we got to put that behind us and get this done.'' Mr. Rogers says to both of us. Mr. Stark looks behind me at the wall. ''Loki needs a power source. If he can get together a list-''

''He made it personal.'' Mr. Stark says. I look on the wall and gasp slightly when I see the bloodstain. I take my hand to cover my mouth in shock. Both of them notice my gasp.

''Emma, are you okay?'' Mr Rogers asks me. I shake my head.

''He did made it personal.'' I choke it my words with tears in my eyes.

''Emma, that's not the point.'' Mr. Rogers like I don't need to worry about it. But he's so wrong and I'm about to tell him, but Mr. Stark beats me to it.

''That is the point cap. That's Loki's point. He can hit us all right where we live. Why?'' Mr. Stark asks Mr. Rogers.

''To tear us apart.'' Mr. Rogers figures out.

''Yeah, divide and conquer is great but he knows he has to take us out to win, right? That's what he want's. He wants to beat us, he wants to be seen doing it. He want's an audience.'' He says and goes to the spot we stood at first.

''Like in Stuttgart?'' I ask Mr. Rogers.

''Right, we caught his act in Stuttgart.'' He says while looking at me before turning his head to Mr. Stark.

''Yeah, that was just previews. This it is the opening night. And Loki, he's a full-tilt diva, right? He wants flowers, he wants parades. He wants a mountain built to the skies with his name plastered...'' he suddenly stopped like he just realised something and he did.

''Son of a bitch.'' He says before walking towards the door. He takes my hand and pulls me out of the room with Mr. Rogers right behind us.