Chapter 3: Secrets

Dedicated to @13jada for being so supportive!

Summer Gray

I glared at the little monster as she began screaming once again over her dismantled doll.

"You ruined dolly!" She shouted after she saw it in front of her bedroom door. I hid in the kitchen, trying to avoid her for the next few hours.

I had washed the dishes and cleaned the windows, which were a lot in this giant house.

"Listen calm down Amy." I said, trying to Shush her before the neighbors heard. She'd found me in the balcony, wiping down the glass.

"YOUR MAJESTY!" She shouted, throwing her precious dolly across the room. I hate children.

"Ok listen your majesty, I'll buy you another dolly, look I'm really sorry. " The small six year old had tears streaming down her bratty little face.

"But that one mommy and daddy gave me to." She wiped her tears, looking at me.

"I'm so sorry Amy, I truly. . ." I began but she cut me off.

"Your majesty!" She screeched again as I felt a dark presence enter the room.

"Glad to see you're still here. " Aiden winked casually as he walked up to his little sister, "What happened Aimes, why are you crying?" He got down on one knee.

I believe this is a side of Aiden Black he prefers to hide from the world and I had no intention of making him out to be a good guy.

My phone buzzed. A text from Ryder.

Hey babe, how's your first day of work?

I smiled, Ryder was the perfect boyfriend, so affectionate and caring. He had a smile that could make me happy even on my worst days.

"Ok Aimes, tomorrow I'll make sure Summer and me buy you a new dolly." I heard him say. Excuse me, did he just say both of us, together? I was not going to buy a silly doll for his bratty little sister with him.

"Summer and I." I corrected, staring at my phone screen.

Awful without you being here. I texted back.

"Okay. Fine, but you can't wash my new doll." Amy screeched, grabbing the disfigured dolly and hugging it tightly as she made her way up the stairs.

"First day on the job and you burn her doll, talk about great customer service." Aiden smirked.

"I should probably get going. Now that you're here." I said.

"Not so fast." He reached for my wrist. "I need you to make my bed." He grinned cheekily.

"Me in the same room with you? Alone? In your dreams."

"Well I guess I'll have to cut your salary in half then."

"Aiden! You can't do that. "

"Actually Princess," he took a step forward, "I can." He whispered, his face too close for comfort. His breath fanning my face. I felt my heart rate increase, stuck in his eyes.

My phone buzzed again.

Can't wait to see you tomorrow babe. Good night. Ryder texted.

"He's cheating on you." Aiden said casually, after reading my text, and walked away.

"No he's not, if he was I would know. And why don't you keep your nose on your face and out of my business."

"Just saying." He smirked, putting his hands up in defense.