Chapter 13: Confrontations

Aiden Black

I had been avoiding her for the past three weeks. It didn't help that we went to the same school and every time her asshole boyfriend saw me, he'd kiss her. Not that it mattered to me. Not that I cared.

I tried to convince myself that all I wanted was to get in her pants, but none of my actions went with these words. I'd do as many girls as I liked and the only annoying eyes I'd see would be those of Summer Gray. The only voice showering words in my mind would be that of Summer Gray.

Each day Amy would ask me to stay and each day I'd tell her that I'm busy. I'd go to the Luzerne and have a good time, then I would usually bring one of them home with me. It was a routine I'd developed thoughout the last three weeks. I'd found my stress reliever.

But today of all days, my birthday, she just had to barge in with her cute innocent eyes and confused look as she looked around. For me.

I was standing by the drinks table monitering everything going on in my place. This month had been our best. We'd made over three grand a day.

I guess heartbreak was in season and people wanted relief here.

I watched as she turned around, about to head out the door, something urged me to talk to her, but I couldn't bring myself to. I took a gulp of alcohol and threw the cup onto the floor. I poured myself another cup, watching her, admiring her physique.

Not until one of the drunk idiots in this establishment mistook my innocent Summer for a stripper. She was wearing layers of clothing, it was freezing out. How could he have mistaken it?

He pushed her up onto a wall, before he could get his meaty hands on her, I grabbed the collar of his shirt and easily threw him on the ground.

He landed harshly and began snoring.

She stared at me for what seemed like forever, studying me as though I'd transformed into a penguin and she was trying to figure out how I was there.

"Hi." She said, a worried look on her face, a small smile twitching it's way onto her lips.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered sharply. Placing my arm around her shoulder, about to lead her out.

"I was looking for you. Excuse me for violating your privacy but I knew you'd be here and we need to talk." She looked excited and worried at the same time. Like I'd kick her out for wanting to talk. I smirked, staring into her sparkling brown eyes.

"So talk." I cooly smirked, leaning on the wall and crossing my arms.

"Can we talk outside, I'm getting a bit claustrophobic in here." She whispered, the smell and mood in here was intoxicating. And I hadn't planned on talking to her for a while. Or more like forever.

"Do you, uh, want to talk over some food?" I asked clearing my throat as her eyes widened. She must've thought I was asking her on a date, "you must be hungry." I added. She smiled, any signs of insulting me weren't present, I guess that's a good sign.

"Yeah, I'd like that very much." After three weeks of not even looking at one another, it felt nice to see her. Even though it was my fault for those three weeks.

Each day I'd come home and see my bed made and the trash I'd left on the floor gone. Other than that, she was a horrible maid. The laundry was never washed and neither were the dishes.

She had destroyed Amy's second doll by leaving it in a tub of hot water and chlorine. The doll lost all color and was folded into itself, so I settled for buying Amy a teddy bear and specifically warning her to not let Summer wash it.