Chapter 21: Home

Aiden Black

I stood in front of a giant castle-like mansion, staring at it as the woman who'd said she was my mom stood beside me.

"Here we are." She smiled widely, walking up to the front door. I couldn't believe it. I lived here.

"Aiden!" A little girl with an annoying snobby attitude shouted angrily, "Where have you been! The maid has been ruining everything. You need to fire her!"

"Summer?" I asked, referring to the maid.

"I don't know her name!" The little girl shouted, "Why did you leave me for two whole month?! I had to make my own breakfast because the maid was never here!" She yelled, crossing her arms.

"Who are you?" I asked, staring at the little girl.

"Stop playing games Ace!" She shouted,"this is serious!" She ran back into the mansion, stomping her little feet.

She looked about seven years old maybe younger.

"She's your sister." My mom said, leading me inside.

"Oh." I said, taking in the view of the giant mansion. It was beautiful. There was a giant chandelier hanging from the second story ceiling and could be seen from the first story.

"So, your family is coming to visit in the next few days, we have family albums if you'd like to see. Here, since your dad's in England with your brother, maybe I could show you around." She smiled.

"I have a brother?" I asked.

"Yeah, his name is Adam, he's your twin." She smiled widely, he must be the gem of our family for her to say his name that proudly.

"Oh." I said again, frustration filling me up. I couldn't remember anything.

"Come on, maybe your room could help you remember." My mom said as we began walking up the stairs..

These stairs felt like if walked on them a million times. I just don't remember what I was doing. It must've been important.

"Here we are." She grinned widely, hoping the room would jog my memory. I leaned into the room, looking at it's giant space. It had a giant TV plastered on the wall and couches around it. There was a door with see-through curtains leading to a giant beautifully decorated garden. Probably downstairs. I looked at the bed. And the small trashcan full of used condoms beside it.

Are those all mine? I looked around, scanning the plain walls, no pictures anywhere, a desk was at the far corner, with a laptop on it.

"Remember anything?" Mom asked.

"No, I'm sorry." I whispered, wanting so bad to know.

"Aiden! Since the maid hasn't washed my clothes for two whole months, I'm going to need new clothes!" The little girl shouted, barging into my room.

"What's your name?" I asked,staring into familiar blue eyes, they looked like mine.

"My name is your majesty." She smiled wildely.

"Amy." My mom warned, "Aiden can't remember anything right now, so be nice."

"Well he should remember the five hundred dollars he owes me." She smiled widely, holding her hand out.

"Amy. Go to your room." My mom scolded her, pointing out the door.

"Fine!" She huffed, stomping away. She did that a lot.

"Do I really owe her that much money?"

"No, Aiden, she's messing with you." Mom laughed.

"Why did she call me Ace?" I stared at the trashcan on the floor. My maid, Summer, probably felt horrible seeing all that. I must've been a jerk.

"It's a nickname, since you used to play baseball." She smiled.

"Oh. Why'd I stop?"

"You wanted to focus more on work," she looked at me. "Anyway, I have to go, Summer will come by the house tomorrow, you two will meet at school if she doesn't. Anyway, there are pictures on your laptop if you wanted to see them. Sleep well dear." Mom smiled, hugging me and kissing my cheek.

"Where are you going?"

"I have to get back to your dad in England, I've been here for the past two weeks." She smiled, "I'm glad you're awake. I love you." She smiled, walking out of the room and down the stairs.

I heard the door shut. It was just me and this room.

I want to remember who I was, what I did, why Summer seemed so worried, everything was so confusing.

I scanned the room, it was getting dark. My feet led me to the laptop on the desk.

I looked at it for a second. It was hard to believe that this was how my life was.

I was spoiled rotten, but I didn't have the heart to be greatful. What a jerk I was.

My fingers searched eagerly through the files on the laptop. A picture of me wearing a baseball cap, carrying Amy with a wide smile on my face popped up.

Maybe that little girl wasn't so bad.

Another picture of me with the baseball team popped up, I looked so much younger than I did now.

We all had a slice of pizza in our hands, holding it up as one of the guys held up a trophy.

Our team must've been good.

I smiled at the pictures of the guy I shared a face with. Looking at myself in the pictures didn't help, it only brought more frustration that I couldn't remember anything.

Another picture came, with a redhead guy who looked like me staring at the camera. It seemed to have been taken in the garden. The guy, Adam, my twin, had a quesy look on his face as he thumb pointed casually to something behind him.

I squinted my eyes to see more clearly. It looked like I was in the background, wearing a black shirt and red shorts, kissing the daylights out of some random blonde girl.

I turned to the next picture. It was of me, standing cooly without a shirt. I was in a dark place with minimal flashing lights. The Luzerne maybe. There was a crowd of partly nude girls behind me.

I didn't recognize myself anymore. How could I be so. . .disgusting.

I stared at the at picture for a while before the next picture popped up.

It was one taken outside a car. A face that looked like Summer's was staring at me. I had my hand on her cheek.

My heart began racing just looking at it.

It looked like we were about to kiss. And she'd said there was nothing between us. I scoffed

I shut off my laptop and stood up, changing into sweatpants and a shirt and resting on the bed.

Why did she tell me she and I had nothing. She made me doubt my senses.

I need to ask her why.