Chapter 22: Typical

Summer Gray

There's a time when the stars align and everything seems like it's going perfectly.

Now is not that time.

I walked into the school, grabbing onto Aiden's arm as though it were the only thing to live for.

Everyone sent looks our way. I shrugged them away.

We began walking to the cafeteria, I wanted so bad for him to remember, but instead he began smiling at random people.

"Hey Aiden," a random girl winked at him, trailing her fingers across his chest.

"Hi?" He smirked, "is she my girlfriend?" He whispered.

Anger boiled in my bones.

I wanted to yell at him. You're freaking gorgeous and you let girls into your body, no she's not your flipping girlfriend. She's a stripper you idiot! I wanted to say, to shake him until he remembered.

"No." I said, clenching my fist.

"Where the hell?! What are you doing with him?!" Ryder approached me.

We stood in the middle of the hallway, a large crowd gathering around us. "You miss school for two months, hell you even missed homecoming, and now you show up with this moron?!" He shouted.

"Who are you calling a moron!" Aiden yelled sharply, my heart melting for some strange reason. I looked at him as he stood in front of me protectively.

I remembered months ago when the tables had been turned and Ryder was the one holding me like this. These two were always fighting.

"Shut up." Ryder commanded, a bit afraid to get near Aiden. The last time he'd said something like that he'd ended up with a bloody nose, a black eye, and a cut on his jaw. "Summer, I'd really like to fucking know what the hell you're doing with him!"

"Nothing. Trying to make him remember his school. He has amnesia!" I shouted as the whole crowd went silent. The hoards of girls ready to get their hands on him and corrupt him.

"That doesn't give you any reason to not reply to any of my fucking texts! Or why you stood me up. You fucking won homecoming queen, but you weren't there and I had to dance with Laura!" He shouted.

"I'm sorry?" I asked, having trouble registering the thought in my mind, Laura wasn't that bad as far as I knew.

"Yeah. Sorry is right." He stared at the crowd as it began to disperse. Aiden stood beside me silently. "Look Summer, babe, I love you, but the way you've been acting. . ."

"Ryder, I think we should break up." I blurted out, cutting him off.

"What?" He stared at me like he'd just gotten his hear crushed.

"We. . .we're incompatible and I just. . .Ryder, you cheated on me. I. . .can't trust you." I took long pauses, staring at him.

"But you can trust him?" He scoffed gesturing to Aiden, "he spends all his time fucking random girls, and you trust him more than me?!" He hissed, his voice rising. I stared at him.

"Yeah." I breathed, feeling a weight fall off my shoulders, "I'm sorry Ryder. I. . .don't have feelings for you anymore." I whispered quietly as he walked up to me and pushed me, I landed on the ground.

"I never liked you anyway. Damn bitch! This is all your fault!" He turned his angry eyes to Aiden's confused face. He began walking near him. I stood up, slapping him across the face.

He looked at me for a second.

"We're telling everyone I dumped you." He said sharply. I stood my ground, waiting for him to leave. He turned on his heel, I felt a hand on the small of my back and my knees buckle.